Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Cameras

• 24-04-2002 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

Since Ct didn't have much luck posting the question here I'll ask it here again. What is the best model of Digital camers to get, how much and where from.

Answers will be graded on cost vs functionality.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

I've been using a HP 315 for the past year and a bit, and have been pretty happy with it. Image quality is ok, but functionality is a bit basic. Very much a "point and shoot" - not much control over the whole process.

While the 315 has been discontinued you can pick up its replacement (the HP 318) from Amazon UK for about 160 Stg. I'm sure you could probably find it cheaper than that if you hunt around.

From most of the reviews I've seen it seems to have a pretty good performance/price ratio.

If you want to see a sample of the image quality from the HP 315 let me know and I'll send some your way (I think the 318 is pretty similar in terms of resolution)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

I've just ordered a Nikon Coolpix 995. The camera is fantastic.

It has 50-step manual macro focus, 4x manual non-stepped optical zoom, and a 3.4 megapixel CCD.

Here's a review:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikoncp995/

I need it for design and art work.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

I bought a Nikon Coolpix 885 recently ... (our 950 had been stolen from work).
    I love it... so easy to use and has some nice settings for portraits, close-ups and stuff....
    After the other one going missing, I was reluctant to spend too much again... so the 885, a USB cf card reader and an extra 64mb card cost EUR 944
    I use it for pictures for our website mostly but its tidy enough to take on holidays too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭adeypius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 voObo0

I work for Olympus, in the middle of may each year a catalogue of cameras goes around. Employees get them 1/2 price, I'm not sure how many we are allowed to buy at once but if i can manage to buy a few I'll let you all know as I hear they are a very good make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Got a Canon Powershot S30 recently.. beautiful machine.. the case is (practically) all metal so its robust and the s30 model is 3.3MP so the pics are great. A great compliment to it is my 128mb cf card (as canon only send u a 16mb one with the camera).

Sure I paid just over €800 for it but it was WELL worth it.. only the size of a regular compact camera but the pictures are incredible (for such a small lens). Good battery life too... Its not exactly a budget camera but it has fantastic functionality and if youve used SLR's in the past you'll find all the same modes, settings and functions available... great little camera..

Advertisement