Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

management and cost accounting

• 24-04-2002 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

can anybody recommend a relatively small and easy to understand management and cost accounting book ? my exam is only two weeks away and i cannot understand any of the examples given in colin drurys edition . help me please ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Management Accounting
    by Don Hansen & Mary Ann Mowen

Fourth Edition
    South Western Publishing Co.

Available in all good book shops (and some rubbish ones too :))
    I used that myself in 2nd Year BBLS. Its the standard text the Accounting Dept. in UCD use on this subject :)

[BTW- I dont have weblink for it- I've just pulled it off the shelf in front of me at home- but I'm sure you could get some more info on the web somewhere about it]

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

what aspects in particular ? Dury's book is quite a big one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

process costing and overhead absorption rates are the main difficulties , but if i could get a fairly good book that covers most of the course that would be excellent . the examples seem to be done out uncomprehensively in drurys book , with little explanation , so basically something easy to follow and can be located within the next week .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

The Hansen/Mowem book itself has loads of examples (and pictures :p)

This is their official resource site w/ all the examples and Power Point slides.
    http://www.swcollege.com/acct/hansen/management_6e/hansen.html

BTW, the latest edition is the "6th Edition".

Hope that helps:)

Advertisement