Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's Hiring Graduates ??

• 24-04-2002 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what IT/Electronics companies in Ireland still have graduate schemes going ? Most of the ones I knew of have finished this with the downturn in the past year.

My experience over the past three months has been that ALL software/hardware companies are looking for programmers with a minimum of 2-3 years experience. Is this true ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

My company were looking for programming Grads but that closed a few months ago. You will find that most companys start looking for Grads around the new year and then stop looking at easter.

The reason most ad's say 2 -3 years exp and all that sort of crap is the recuitment ageny's dont know what they want. I do remember seeing an ad for a position where you needed 2 -3 years exp in .NET which hasn't even been around that long.

Apply for any job that you feel that you are up to. Dont waste your or the companys time appling for jobs that you would not be able to do.

kayos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Intel Ireland
    supposedly do and you get a free pc when you
    start with them , how bad, I think there is a Graduate section
    under the job pages - topjobs or irishjobs, I try there.

There is also Dell and Analog Devices In Raheen In Limerick
    they were taking a load of Grads last year when things were
    bad so id presume they will be doing so again

best of luck

Advertisement