Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn or the White stripes????..... TURN!

Options
  • 25-04-2002 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi

So Turn and the white stripes play on the 4th of May.
    I have seen Turn many times and they are ****ing amazing, on the other hand i know a couple of White stripes songs. Indie bollox!

I'm going to see Turn

Love

Sexy sasha

XX

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

yeah...i'm with ya on that one...

can't wait to see turn again...

and who can forget Near The Big Green (doing support)...gonna be a great night...

Kurdt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

White stripes are great I would recommend going to see em.
    Turn are good too though - toughie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

.... and "sexy" Sasha returns once more to remind us that Turn is the only decent band in Ireland! While I disagee with this rather narrow viewpoint in this case I am inclined to agree that Turn are a gem of a band while the White Stripes really don't float my boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

If you think Turn are such a great band then why don't you just say that instead of taking down other bands with your tiresome negativity.

Turn reek of averageness but they could be a good band if they just stuck to rocking and cut out all the fast/slow tempo changes that permiate thru most of their songs. Also, it would help if their lead singer stopped acting like a sycophantic wuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

What a ridiculaous predicament to be in.
    Anyone worth their salt knows that the White Stripes are the kind of shyte that's peddled at us year in year out as being "the future" or "the hottest band around" (or words to that effect). And so, loads of people who rarely ever venture into a record store (yet alone buy an album that doesn't make the Top 10) go out and buy their albums, invariably coz Hot Press or The Times or the Event Guide gives their heard-it-all-before ramblings a good review, or because they overheard a friend say they were hot. They (White Stripes) will be but a memory in a couple of years.
    As will Turn unfortunately. They've passed their prime I'm afraid, passed it some time ago. That last EP was cack and don't give me this band maturing bullsh1t, it's a band running out of ideas.

Anyway, if it's worth anything, I'd go to the pub if I were you and pretend you were at both gigs if anyone asks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

So you would rather go and see Turn who I admit I have bought there albums(aka ep's) in the vague hope that they are good but alas I cannot seem to like. Its everyones right to freedom of choice etc but ive seen Turn enough times and dont think ive heard many bands from Detroit, let alone 4 of the feckers.. Turn, quite good for their old stuff yeah but like the other fella, runnin out of ideas is pretty obvious. Play the quiet songs and hope to win the david gray lovers of this world maybe a bit brutal but thats where i will exercise my freedom of choice.
    I got into the White Stripes after missing them at Witness and was totally blown away straight away and still am. I have all 3 albums and they are not 100% brilliant but I know which side of the street I will walk on come May 4th. After all if I wanna see Turn , they will be on again somewhere in a couple of months no doubt.
    I also hate red and white but on this occasion f u c k it, after all I am only going because ive heard they are good cos the papers tell me so I mean its not like I have ears or anything.

Whichever you go to enjoy! and stop being so bleedin patriotic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭freakofnature

ok, here's the situation:

i'm a big fan of both bands and have only seen one (turn). If you consider it, although turn may play a great show, as always, and you'll think Wow! this is the best show i've ever seen and turn are my new favourite band! when is the next time you'll see a thoroughly great band like the white stripes because bands like that don't play ireland a lot.

thus: i bought tickets to white stripes.

Advertisement