Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom i-stream enhanced + line tests

Options
  • 25-04-2002 6:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭

Looking at my phone bills, it seems that this option would actually SAVE me money compaired to dialup grr, the uncapped bandwidth would be nice too :)

I did apply for the trials but apparently my line failed the "line test"...though many people doubt the veracity of that test.

However, in a situation where the customer is going to pay for the service, will eircom upgrade the line or just say no?

What do you reckon?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by Longfield
    However, in a situation where the customer is going to pay for the service, will eircom upgrade the line or just say no?

What do you reckon?
    They'll probably offer to sell you a new analog line at a hundred euro, or whatever a new line costs, without any guarantee that it will perform any better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Felix Randel

Dont forget to half you phone bill for your montel rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

"What if we were to tell you that...."

"We are now offering a new (excuse me??? new?) <blah..> which is A..D..S..L.. technology"

"P.S> The home user shouldnt really listen to this ad because we will connect companies years before home uers...even though we are advertising this on public radio"

I dunno...I really dont....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Originally posted by Felix Randel
    Dont forget to half you phone bill for your montel rate

My bills run at about €500.....for dialup....but thats another discussion :mad:

TBH the speed would be great..but not that bothered about it..the caps are what kills me.

That said..if i have to pay this much for it..i'll get my monies worth.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭ando

yep, my line failed the dsl test iswell, my only hope is that eircom didnt want to take on any more trialists... Me thinks my line will pass when I am paying them !

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

"P.S> The home user shouldnt really listen to this ad because we will connect companies years before home uers...even though we are advertising this on public radio"

Would you believe they're advertising it on Cork local radio? When a friend rang them about this yesterday, they actually thought this was funny. Effin retards.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

The "enhanced" jobbie the uncapped one is down for business on the eircon site so i started thinking ... (bad idea i know)

I have a feeling that say Joe Sixpack who asks for enhanced is kindly told to fornicate off - its for business's only

anyone even know what im on about :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I highly doubt they'll do that - they want to make money, they'll take whoever will pay the prices they want and sign their contract or whatever.

Alternatively, you can just tell them you run your own business on a home network, or will be using the connection to connect to computers in your place of work - they're hardly going to say 'oh no you aren't!!'

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sure, if needs be, i'll say i run a business..

I've signed up on the "expression of interest form" on the adsl site, am very curious to see if money is involved..has my line suddenly become suitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

I am very curious as to what the next 4 months of Eircom + ODTR activity will bring. I hope for the best....bad idea.I know.

Was thinking as making a film....."The perfect life"

Plot: A guy wakes up one morning and there is a Ding-dong on the door and it is Eircom announcing they have just come to install DSL with a free start-up kit and it is only 35 Euron per month with no cap. Guy says 'jeez..thats lovely ...fancy a coffee? 'no thanks I have alot more houses to do..'

An hour later, DSL is installed and four minutes later guy downloads Netscape 6.21 in like <4 mins. He is happy, the sun is shining, so he pops out and drives down the lovely tarmac road in his lowered low-insurance-cost Toyota Supra and goes to church and goes to confess and meets a priest who hasnt molested a fellow human being....

Only thing is, this movie will have to filmed in another country :(

J.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

All I can say is, happy days. i-stream enhanced here I come. approx. €200 isn't all that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

My bills run at about €500.....for dialup....

:o yeah... well you see theres a simple explaination for that....

YOUR A FREAK!!!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭infomat

Originally posted by Longfield
    Looking at my phone bills, it seems that this option would actually SAVE me money compaired to dialup grr, the uncapped bandwidth would be nice too :)

I did apply for the trials but apparently my line failed the "line test"...though many people doubt the veracity of that test.

What do you reckon?

My line failed for the Trial but I received a letter yesterday offering me ADSL. According to the letter my line was suitable. I phoned again today to confirm this and as a result I have ordered the service.

Originally posted by infomat

My line failed for the Trial but I received a letter yesterday offering me ADSL. According to the letter my line was suitable. I phoned again today to confirm this and as a result I have ordered the service.

I'm still waiting for a similar letter ... knowing my luck I'll never get it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

ring em and ask em to do it there and then.
    Will take 2 seconds

Yep, I will soon enough.

oh yeah, by the way.. While we're talking about getting letters from eircom... I got a letter this morning, and on it was the news that my ISDN Hi speed bonus (eircom's miserable attempt at some sort of flat rate) has now been discontinued and is no longer available :(

*ando bangs his head against the wall so many times that he looses count*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

ISDN Hi speed bonus (eircom's miserable attempt at some sort of flat rate) has now been discontinued and is no longer available

This was posted quietly in a few newspapers a week or two ago (Eircom have to do this). I'm amazed nobody noticed it before.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Hi speed bonus?

Was that the seventeen hours or something for 1.30? My memory is fuzzy on that...

I'm not supprised no-one has said anything before about this, eircom can be very silent when they want to be!

The advertising letter I got this morning is full of 'getting the best for 15% less, only €37 for a months surfing' ... FFS .. yeah, and on the back of the advert in extremely small writing is :

"New prices are effective from 19th April 2002. eircom hi-speed bonus has been dicontinued. All Prices include VAT at 21%"

1 tiny sentence in the middle of the terms, thats all ?

BTW noel, yes it was 13hrs for €2

Originally posted by ando
    I'm not supprised no-one has said anything before about this, eircom can be very silent when they want to be!

The advertising letter I got this morning is full of 'getting the best for 15% less, only €37 for a months surfing' ... FFS .. yeah, and on the back of the advert in extremely small writing is :

"New prices are effective from 19th April 2002. eircom hi-speed bonus has been dicontinued. All Prices include VAT at 21%"

1 tiny sentence in the middle of the terms, thats all ?

BTW noel, yes it was 13hrs for €2

I got a letter dated 16th April but there is no mention of the Bonus ... did you get a second more recent letter?

• Advertisement

wasnt so much of a letter, more of an advertising pack, but yes, I got it yesturday morning (thursday morning)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Yer i got that too.
    a small pouch which looked like it may contain a cd or something.

The info about the bonus was tiny, probably the smallest legible fotn size they had :(

Originally posted by ando
    wasnt so much of a letter, more of an advertising pack, but yes, I got it yesturday morning (thursday morning)

Are you an ISDN customer? I am asking because I am trying to determine if the scheme had been discontinued or if it is no longer being offered to new clients.

Advertisement