Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is the situation with AT&T in ireland

• 27-05-2001 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

what I heard was they been trying to get in here for years and have been blocked left right and centre by eircom.
    I also heard a rumors that AT&T had been looked into buy the part of BT that owns esat. if this were to happen eircom would stonewall any attempts by them to open up he loupe. it seems to me the government should be trying to encourage any telecom that's thinks there's money to be made here,

Can anybody comment on what the situation is. as im am finding very little in the press about any of this

[This message has been edited by Joe22 (edited 27-05-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

*sigh*
    some postings defy comment
    jd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jd:
    *sigh*
    some postings defy comment
    jd
    </font>

You managed it O.K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Joe I could be wrong here (I dont think I am but I could be) AT&T already own BT....

kayos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

no they are not, if they were eircom wouldnt even deal with esat, they wouldnt let them on their network at all,
    you probably read the same thing as i di about at&t wanting to buy up the esat part, they probably do own some shares in bt but no way do own it all.

jd ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

my god i have never read such a load of Cr*p befor joe22 where do you get your info do you just pick up bits of paper off the road and make things from it, you do not seem to know any thing about which your talking about, ever thing you said is total bull and just plain thick.

Coyote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

you think eircom WANT to let esat on their network joe? And you think its only in relation to AT&T that the government are getting their "e-hub" strategy wrong? The phrase "stick to what you know best" doesn't apply to you, because you don't seem to know anything.

Joe
    how have they been stopped by eircom?
    esat are owned by bt, whio are not a small company..
    at&t have corporate clients in ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Apparently joe can't respond to criticism very well.

I thought I saw someone throw their rattle from the pram here a few minutes ago...

you are getting way outta line with part of your last comment joe
    grow up

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement