Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freelancing Irish site

• 25-04-2002 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey all,

was wondering what your thoughts were on a freelance site I am developing, it will be launching within the next few months but at the moment I am letting people become first time members etc.

the site is:
    http://www.freelanceireland.ie

and ideas and support you have would be much appreicated.

will be hoping to build up a strong list of "service suppliers" before I begin promoting it for people to post projects etc.

this site will always remain free so past the word around please :)

Shane

what do you think of the site? 8 votes

cool site. I\'ve already signed up.
    0% 0 votes
    interesting but I\'ll wait till it catches on.
    37% 3 votes
    nice idea, but I wouldn\'t be using it.
    50% 4 votes
    waste of time.
    12% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hmm, nice site.
    good idea
    ive signed up to have a look about.
    i usually dont allow external web sites to 'advertise' here
    as we are not an ad forum, nor do we allow free advertising here.
    but, in this case, as its starting, and the idea is not a jobsite, more of a coffee table meeting point, so im going to allow it.

keep me updated as to the situation with the site, as id like to keep track of how its doing, and if its working.
    if i see its working and people are getting contracts, then i will make your site a permanent fixture here and we can get some more interest and get a few people some nice jobs.

cheers
    whitewash

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Great site... well designed and very easy to use.

Good idea too...

Best of luck with it.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shanedevane

cool. thanks for that,

this is my first site real site that I will be maintaining and promoting.

Developing it was only have the battle :)

So, within the next couple of months I will really find out if it's worth anything or if it was all just a nice little waste of time.

Either way, it looks good in my portfolio.

will let you know if anything good happens with it.

Cheers,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Do you have to be in business to offer a service?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shanedevane

nope, you don't have to be a service provider, just to be able to do what you say you do.

It is up to the customer (or the person who placed the project) to decide on the right person.

By the way, at the moment the site is still only in it's early stages
    so projects are few at best.

Will be advertising online at the end of june to get some more customer to post projects etc.

Any members who have signed up will be notified when the advertising begins.

There is also a plan in the works to have any service suppliers listed in a certain category to be emailed when new projects are posted into that category (and of course the option not to have emails sent).

But as getting more service suppliers is first priority and then getting customers, extra features will have to wait.

I'm only one guy after all....

• Advertisement
Advertisement