Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So we're off then !!

Options
  • 25-04-2002 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Well he called it at long last but was anyone else disappointed with the sneaky way the election was called. Especially considering quite a few TD's are retiring this time round and they have been denied the opportunity to bid farewell to the house in the customary fashion. I just feel that he announced it in a unprofessional and shoddy manner that typifies the way this outgoing government have done their job.

BTW the rumour is that Bertie was watching the Champions League game in the Dail bar, Bayer scored their second goal and Bertie went "feck it" and went into the Dail and announced the dissolving of the Government. I don't personally believe it, but its a good story anyway.

Gandalf.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I hope you weren't surprised by this Gandalf, it's hardly shocking, was to be expected. The further out they go the better as far as I'm concerned. It's just a pity that there isn't a party that comes anywhere close to convincing me they'd be any better. The current options seem to be "thick and corrupt" or "slightly less thick and corrupt". It doesn't inspire confidence in democracy at all. And I'm a democrat.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Apathy will be the big winner of this election. See France last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by gandalf

BTW the rumour is that Bertie was watching the Champions League game in the Dail bar, Bayer scored their second goal and Bertie went "feck it" and went into the Dail and announced the dissolving of the Government. I don't personally believe it, but its a good story anyway.

Gandalf.

heh heard that from Des Cahill did we ? :p

Advertisement