Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3,5" bay ?

• 27-05-2001 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

heloo
    i am buying a new harddrive and was told that i will need to know if i have a 3,5" bay
    what does this mean and how do i fond out if i have it?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭wintermute

It simply means do you have a place to put the new HD. Open up your machine and look in the area where your existing HD sits. There should be enough space either above or below where you can slide in the new HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i was going to say if you have a space for a spare floppy drive, you could put the harddisk in behind that. but wintermute's explanation was better.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"Eleven plus two = Twelve plus one"</font>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Skeptic1

If you are short of a 3.5 inch bay you can always put the drive into a 5.25 inch bay with the appropriate brackets.

Advertisement