Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL Trialists ...how much longer ??

Options
  • 25-04-2002 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Anyone know when those b*stards are going to take away my beloved free 512 line ?

There is no way i ould go back to dialup so i guess my internet days are over :o(

And whats with the 3gig cap, since i started the trial ive download an average of 6gig a week. Am i being greedy ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

midlde of May AFAIK. That's when the retail ADSL connections start, or so I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

hopefully after the 15th of May

Thats when Ep2 is released !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Darth Homer
    Anyone know when those b*stards are going to take away my beloved free 512 line ?

If somone gave me FREE 512kbps access to the internet for just under half a year, I would'nt be calling them ba$tads :p

just my opionion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Ah but yes you would if they took it back off you , would you not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Dunno mate, were all living on borrowed time.

However, it never ceases to suprise me when people post things like "And whats with the 3gig cap, since i started the trial ive download an average of 6gig a week"
    and then
    Originally posted by Darth Homer
    hopefully after the 15th of May

Thats when Ep2 is released !

i have lots of issues with this, but im not gonna start a flamewar:)
    Suffice to say that if you want to download feature films all the time, pay for the unlimited option and also realise your breaking the law (yehh yeh, i know i know).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

Originally posted by Dustaz on 16-01-2002 01:35
    One thing ive found with the download cap is that i can stay under the 3 gigs if i stay away from Kazaa. Otherwise im up to 5 or 6 gb per month.

So what were you downloading from Kazaa then?

[Sarcasm]Well... well...? Wasn't feature films was it???[/Sarcasm] :p

All joking aside, I'm on the trial also and when May 15th comes along I won't be paying the price they are asking. I presume there are quite a few other people that are of this view, which means that there are going to be quite a few ADSL modems returned to their boxes which eircom are going have to collect. This in itself is quite a bit of hassle, so I wonder will eircom have some sort of incentive in mind to try and keep these people on ADSL? Just a thought....

viking

ok, i asked for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

GOTCHA!
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

i get to keep mine til september :D
    got it in feb...

yeh, but i knew that downloading a lot of stuff from kazaa would cause me to go over the cap and apart from music, i dont really use it. I downloaded 2 movies out of interest, both of them terrible quality. give me the big screen any day:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Ah you need eDonkey for the quality "video files" Dustaz :]
    i get to keep mine til september
    got it in feb...

I don't remember hearing anything about a set amount of time for the trial...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

aaah but i am special..
    i am in ennis... get to keep it til sept :D

Advertisement