Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slane 2002

• 25-04-2002 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

as of yet i havent heard a thing about slane 2002 , has anybody heard anything about the line up or any information about this gig ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

the stereophonics are the only band ive heard being lined up for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Hotpress.com seem to think the Sterophonics (Zzzzzzzzzz) and Garbage (Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) will be headlining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

aw tanx , i guess stereophonics mitened be to bad . sure we will see how it pans out .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Flimbo

apparently aslan are joint headliners with the stereopho nics. that means every scum on earth will be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Alas i ain`t the only one that thinks the Sterephonics are average, Witnness cud well be a better bet as Slanee ain`t gonna live up to last year

• Advertisement

thats true anyway , i am already disappointed by the acts , but hey things might change , theres nothing definite yet , right .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

if you want to see stereophonics, rent out the video. At least then you can fall asleep in the comfort of your own front room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Witnness is going to wipe the floor with Slane if Stereophonics, Garbage, and Aslan are the biggest they can get. I would bet that Slane have something up their sleeves, the Stereophonics are too weak to headline the mother of all outdoor shows.

Its fair to say that the phonics ain`t no OASIS, the new album is good, I downloaded it there recently....ahem

Heathen Chemistry

Bateman i really hope you are right , stereophonics just aernt big enough .

• Advertisement

Well when it comes down to it Guinness(witnness) is nicer than warm Heineken(slane)

i dont really like either , but if a decent band were playing either , i wouldnt care what form the drink were in just as long as there was drink .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I heard travis were playing, beter than phonics but still nothing special. Witnness seems a better bet

Surely Slane2002 can`t be as bad as that Bryan Adams Effort that i was at a few years back, Moby was class tho......anyone else here think that Bryan Adams was s h i t e at Slane2000

I think people got what they expected with Bryan Adams. i'm not a great fan, it's not really rock n roll, is it? He played all his hits, and had some fúcking huge balloons. And Moby was class alright.

Must of been heart breakin for Bryan when a few thosand people start headin for the gates when he`s in the middle of singin, also i wasn`t sure which one was Bryan, there were 2 guys dressed in white prancing around the stage...

The bit were him and ur one Mel C done the duet with the girl and she never heard the song before was hilarious...Bryan was itching to get the F U C K outta there

I am sure it wasn't heartbreaking for Bryan as
    a) he is a very wealthy man
    b) It was dark and he probably couldn't see them leaving
    c) There were 80,000 people there, I don't think a few thousand made much difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

Well, lads, U are all entitled to your opinion, but I saw Bryan Adams at Prehen football ground in Derry last year, and, although I have been a fan for YEARS and am biased, I have to say he was BRILLIANT!!!

Didn`t know he played football as well, the guy must be talented

Ps. Does he have an Irish granny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

There was never 80,000 at that Bryan Adams disaster. There was at least 30,000. As for Stereophonics headlining this year? Good luck. Diarmuid hit the nail on the head with his posting on page 1:

"if you want to see stereophonics, rent out the video. At least then you can fall asleep in the comfort of your own front room"

There's far better gigs on this summer: Witnness, Ozzfest, Creamfields, Homelands and the overpriced Marley Park ones: Paul Weller, Santana, Travis and, er, Meatloaf. Maybe not the last one eh?

technically there have been 80,000 people at slane but not too many stayed for Bryan"The Culchies Fave"Adams

There were a right few up the town when he was playin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

the stereophonics are pretty much guaranteed to be doing it, seeing as they said they were, travis are unlikely to be doing it because they're doing marley park at some point, moby wouldn't be a bad bet i suppose, but there's plenty of people not mentioned who could fill slane, and as dull as the stereophonics are they'll pull a huge crowd if they're the headliners.

Advertisement