Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elections

Options
  • 25-04-2002 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Ok stupid question time.. the posters are all over the place screaming vote for me! So when are we doing the voting and what is it? General election, local election, get rid of government and get a new croud of muppets election?

Bonkey im sure you will know:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Its a General Election being held on May 17 2002. Voting from 7.30am to 10.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Thanks Bond

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Saruman
    Bonkey im sure you will know:confused:

Mate - I live in Switzerland, remember? Why would I know :confused:

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"General election, local election, get rid of government and get a new croud of muppets election? "

General election, get rid of government and get a modified croud of muppets election! :)

Taoiseach confirms General Election date of May 17th
    http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2002/0425/breaking1.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Voting from 7.30am to 10.30pm

Good to see the Government took the initiative to extend the polling hours, although im not looking forward to sitting in the polling station for 15hrs beside a 'nattering' auld one!:(
    Should get a nice cheque though, for my troubles:D
    (I'll be working as a poll clerk)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by bonkey

Mate - I live in Switzerland, remember? Why would I know :confused:

jc

Yeah i know, You just tend to have so much info about everything i figured you would probably know more about the next election that me!

Anyone know why polling stations are not open on the weekends? When no one has to be in work?? That would make more sense to me! Some people just cant get out of work or dont want to or cant be arsed.. a Saturday though when you have little else to do would make sense i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Aspro

Because they want to minimise voting as opposed to maximising it. Students who are living away from home, and people who work late and work shifts would all have the opportunity to vote. It would be interesting to see the sort of backlash the big parties could get if everyone had a fair chance to vote, especially after the last five years of cronyism and corruption.

I get you.. so only the old age pensioners who have always voted for Fianna Fail because their whole family always has are the only ones who get to vote leaving us with an oppinion the thought if taking time off work, rushing home from work or not bothering at all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by pugwall

Good to see the Government took the initiative to extend the polling hours, although im not looking forward to sitting in the polling station for 15hrs beside a 'nattering' auld one!:(
    Should get a nice cheque though, for my troubles:D
    (I'll be working as a poll clerk)

How did you land a gig like that? I have never seen this posts advertised. Also the counters?

Just curious as it seems the same ones are always doing it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement