Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Busted Geetar

• 25-04-2002 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭

I have a Fender (Ok Squire) tele, and while pissed somehow managed to drop it while playing it standing up (one of the strap ends slipped off or something). Bad thing is, it fell right on the part where the lead enters the guitar. The little bit of plastic around the socket is smashes off, and the wires from the inside are hanging out. I don't particularly want to take it into Waltons, where I bought it, as they will probably charge me to look at it, and have heard sordid repair rumours involving soldering irons. Any help appreciated.
    Especially from any experienced players. Thomas Presence???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

So, it doesn't give the signal through the cable? Have you tried opening the back and seeing if there are any wires that have been ripped out of their solder? I don't know telecasters, sorry, Squiers too well ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Try find replacement parts. Check if there is still a sginal by connect a lead up to the jack and see if there is noise. And if you can, try insert the jack all they way in and play. It its ok, then just get a replacement cover for the jack. If not, you might have to resolder the wires back, and then get a replacement cover.

Advertisement