Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple page threads at beginning

Options
  • 25-04-2002 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

This may have been addressed before or maybe its just my stupid IT system here but anyhow.. a lot of the time if i click a thread on the first page that has been just updated.. It does not take me to the last page.. i end up at the first page of the thread or maybe another one but not the last page where the new thread was posted.. Anyone else notice this?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Saruman
    a lot of the time if i click a thread on the first page that has been just updated..

This one has lost me. There are 2 buttons:

This one: firstnew.gif
    Takes you to the first new post since you last *logged in*, not since you last read the thread.

This one: lastpost.gif
    Takes you to the last post in the thread.

If you have your default no of posts per page set to other than the default (eg I have it on 40), and you are logged in, but through use of the back button, open a unlogged-in page. Then if you click on a thread, say page number 4, it'll go blank, because a 4th page mightn't exist when you are veiwing 40 posts at a time instead of 20.

Confused?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

no no not there.. on the main page where the last 20 posts have been updated!

for instance just happened on this one from the last 20 posts on front page:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=49421&goto=newpost

2 pages and it brings me to page 1 and not page 2

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ah yes, I think the same applies here as the 'new post' button. It brings you to the first new post since you last logged in, not necessarily the first new post.

BTW, it only has one page for me, illustrating my other point (which doesn't really matter).

:)

only 1 page for you? interesting.. DeVore whats going on????? lol

• Advertisement

this one for instance is a 3 pager "the OFFICIAL 'Change The ... "
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=49339&goto=newpost

It brings me to page 2

Advertisement