Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie - The Band

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Sounds great Samba, I think as much of a variety as possible would be brilliant. Lot's of interest so far, I have setup a mailing list but it's in work so I will ad to it tomorrow. I will ring the temple bar music center when I can and see if I can rent one of those rehersal rooms for the day and all the people who turn up could make a contribution.

Slaan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

I'm a singer.. I'd be pretty interested in helping out..
    I can play D'jembe too if that would be required..
    mail me
    valeriecoyne@hotmail.com:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

all right i have an idea, we have loads of musicians yeah, and all of em are playing different styles, so as opposed to have 1 boards band playing one style why not have 2 or 3 we could have a rock band a metal/punk band and a kinda chill out relaxy band, it basically means that everyone can have a shot and have a bit of skit.

bomb

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

sounds interesting bombidol, depending on the amount of people it could work. Don't think there would be enough drummers though.

If I were to fall into a category it would be mainstream rock, such as Thin lizzy, Dire Straits, GnR and all that lark. That's the kind of music i'm into.

Slaan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Originally posted by bombidol
    all right i have an idea, we have loads of musicians yeah, and all of em are playing different styles, so as opposed to have 1 boards band playing one style why not have 2 or 3 we could have a rock band a metal/punk band and a kinda chill out relaxy band, it basically means that everyone can have a shot and have a bit of skit.

Thats a terrible idea imo. Before you start trying to form loads of bands how about trying to form one.

[Edit] Misread Slaan's last post[/Edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

well lads ill give it to ye if ye pull this one off and get a record out like six we giv ye a pat on back!
    never seen anytin like this b4
    cud put it on the net too:)
    good luck
    ill be a fan if yer good if yer sh*t wat can we do yell still yer brilliant:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Originally posted by Slaanesh
    I don't know if i'm wrong, because she's only just gone. Here's to another relationship.

thats fvckin amazin, just as i read that line, i heard it on my cd player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭gilly

Hey there...Another female singer here looking for a band to join or form...

If you could get in touch with me with the details, id really appreciate it..

Gillmch@hotmail.com

Im learning to play accoustic guitar, and i also play around with a Djambek and tambourine....lol...corny i know but somebody has to play them......

xxx gilly:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

i could prolly manage to play a bit of keyboard i think

havent played properally in a year or 2, but ive been playin for about 10 yrs now and it just like riding a bike :)

(for those of you not sure, thats one of them thingies beginning with m that i cant think of...damn my alcohol streamlined brain...methaphor thats the one *grin*)

pm me if interested could be kinda fun

pyure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

/me is interested.

I play the banjo, guitar and I do vocals as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Graemo

If it actually does come together it could be a viable venture. Mayby for a charity event etc. If a demo comes out of it I will gladly play it on Phantom assuming it's not utter c**p of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Graemo they have their own board now, check out this link for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Do you need a white rapper ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by tom-thebox
    Do you need a white rapper ?

You talk the talk, do you walk the walk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

i play the willy banjo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭colin caustic

yo, eh i play drums if yis are interested...what sort of music will yis be playing tho-i'm only into punk and prefer to just pay that unless yis are doin death metal or somethin to do with punk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 FirA_Serjio

hey, im just wondering are u still doin the "band", and what type of music are ye playing and wat ages are ye? btw i play the drums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

lol, i know im replying over a year, but anywho

is this "band" still going? or did it fail miserably?:confused:
    just wondering.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Talk to Slaanesh about this if yer interested. AFAIK, this didn't really take off, but there's still a ton of musicians around boards, who may or may not be interested in some ez-going jammin'.

"Shut up Lou, I love this song...we're jammin'..."

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

- 1 out-of-practice 'could have been a contender' guitarist(preferably)/bassist available for selection every Sun after xmas. I played in a couple of bands years ago but due to working shift had to stop. Gis a job

Neil