Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bandwidth Propirity Utility ?

• 25-04-2002 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭

Basically im looking for a program that will let me assign propirity to programs what want to use the massive 8k bandwidth i have on my isdn :rolleyes:

Say if i give WinMX/Kazaa a low propirity and internet explorer a higher one then it would make web browsing seem faster but if i was just reading a long thread the bandwidth would be used by other programs again ...

does anywone know what im talking about :confused:

of so - does such software exist and whats it called :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

If you have a Linux box, you could set it up as a NAT router with HTB for your LAN: http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

AFAIK In Kazaa you can set the maximum incoming download speeds and the maximum outgoing upload speeds

You are talking about priority right, not "propirity"?

Some of the net cafes could really do with using such software if it exists.

One person downloading heavily usually ruins the experience of gaming / browsing for all the others!

Advertisement