Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

online shopping , is it really that popular

• 25-04-2002 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

any recommendations for online stores that have a
    proven record and ship to ireland ?

i only want recommendations of sites that people
    have actually used or know someone that has used
    it.

type of store : clothing , outdoor activities equipment.

*not PC parts or music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Ah i thought u meant online shopping like tesco!!!!

Well to answer your question, i use jungle.com alot, because they dont have ridiculous delivery charges.

I bought my monitor, some software, some dvds and some periprherals.

The prices are decent, eg you might see something £1 cheaper elswhere if you really look hard, but on my last order the delivery was about 2.50 which is grand.

Even the monitor was only about £7, when you consider dabs and scan chage about £20 that puts it into perspective.

example

Goods Value £X
    VAT £X
    Carriage inc VAT £ 2.49
    Order value £X

on an item of software, delivered via post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 seating

thanks Xterminator , so how bad is the currency
    exchange for the UK ?

any suggestions for clothes and equipment ,
    like sports gear , balls , jerseys , gearbags , etc ?

do any american ones ship to ireland ?

*once again , only personal experience is what
    i'm looking for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I do have a feeling i'm getting screwed by the currency exchange. I'm not saying its justified, but it is my gut feeling!

I think a euro counts to about 60 pence english.

But usually you still get stuff reasonabley priced, compared to what u pay in Ireland even taking that into consideration.

Current currency converter here

I can only advise shop around.

As for the other items balls, jerseys etc, Ive never tried to buy them, though i find amazon.co.uk have loads of stuff, and they are ok to buy from. Delivery again was reasonable.

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Xterminator, when was the last time you bought at jungle?

The reason I'm asking is that I stopped getting stuff there when they introduced that flat delivery charge to ireland - if they've dropped that again I might go back (and just stick to dabs for the big things where paying £24 for delivery is cheap)

Advertisement