Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This is all just my opinion now Keeks, try not to take it personally

• 25-04-2002 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48806

And this is relevant to this thread how? Good god man, you are supposed to be more suitable than I to moderate this forum in the view of our benavolent leader Cloud, but you can't even stay on topic, I challenge you to find 'one' single instance of where I went off topic on Green Issues.
    You won't find it, because I never did it.
    What a bunch of crap.

Keeks, I'm now wondering how you expect to moderate this forum when you can't even keep on topic, seriously, what a pile of garbage.
    It's quite obvious you don't have a single intellegent thing to say about environmentalism and in my opinion starting off a thread that asked me to make a sticky resource, is not suitable qualification to supplant me as moderator.

However Cloud has to appear to stick to his guns, so I guess you have an opportunity to prove me wrong, needless to say I would be more comfortable with bonkey doing the moderating as I have had quite informative and intellegent discussions with him on this forum. The same cannot be said for you, now as moderator you can of course label this all a personal attack, but in reality you have not made any kind of contribution to this forum, nor have you demonstrated any kind of knowledge of the ramifications of environmentalism.
    Now you can sling the mud with me all day if it makes you feel big, but I started off this forum because I wanted to exponenciate environmentalism nothing more and foolish muppetry from a hardcore of utter loosers has forced me out. So be it, but Keeks do one of two things, resign in favor or bonkey or actually go do some research on the topics and their ramifications.

In fact you are doing my job because of an argument I got into with someone else, on another forum, so in my view, for whatever that counts for, you are not the right person to do this job, not because I like or dislike you, in fact I am quite ambivalent towards you, but because you have not demonstrated in my view any kind of knowledge of the issues nor any kind of tangable contribution and the fact that you have drawn this thread so far off topic does not exactly fill me with confidence that this miasma of criteria pertaining to your ability to do my job will change anytime in the future.

Feel free to label this post a tirade and delete it, but for god sake, do some research on the subject and actually find out something pertinant and relevant to environmentalism. I realise you are a 'political appointee', but I really do wish you had made some kind of contribution to this forum that did not entail simply asking for a sticky.

I mean seriously do you think you could moderate the Unix forum, without ever having used an unix os? Similarly how can you moderate the forum I founded better than I, when your entire 'contribution' so far has been a sticky request from me? In my opinion you can't and posting rubbish about Osama Bin Laden only seeks to reaffirm that assertion on my part.

I'm quite perterbed by your entire attitude on this forum so far, to me it appears that you are simply looking for another feather in your cap, but you actually have to know something about environmental issues to make a valid 'contribution' and to be able to tell what is nonesense and what is not when someone posts it.
    That is why I made this forum, because I actually had an interest in this subject and I would never have lowered it's profile, by degenerating to the level of joking about Osama Bin Laden. However it is quite evident in the final analysis that it is not what you know, but who you know.

Well thanks for making a joke out of my forum Keeks.

Typedef
    Brian O'Donoghue

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Typedef - it was for precisely the reason that you thanked Keeks for his useful suggestions in that sticky thread that I appointed Keeks as the interim moderator; there was no "political" appointment made. Blame yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

I have moved this two off topic post here.....I will repply to yours typedef when I get back on Sunday......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

/me thinks typedef is loco

Okay typedef, keeks is the moderator of a forum on a bulletin board, he is not the internation spokesperson for all things environmentalist. As far as I'm aware this appointment is a stop gap measure because you were abusive, lost your position and somebody new had to be appointed quickly, this may be made permanent, or it may be short term, either way, as long as keeks moderates well and keeps the spam down, hes doing his job, so dont get your girly panties in a twist. Okay so you had your way of moderating, well so does keeks have his, if you dont like that, the only word I can think of is tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Keeks, I'm now wondering how you expect to moderate this forum when you can't even keep on topic

Im sure he doesnt, in fact im sure cloud doesnt either.

Do we a favour and ask for your job back, i swear nobody that matters will think any the less of yea for it.

Btw you going to be there this saturday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

tree huggers scare me. Please don't leave green issues links lying around where I can accidently click them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...that you've explained what all this whinging is about (at last) to those of us who weren't au fait with the machinations that led up to all of this commotion:
    Well thanks for making a joke out of my forum [...]

(emphasis is mine)

Now, it occurs to me that you seem (from a brief skimming over of the immediate subject matter to hand - I can't afford the therapy right now that I'd seem to require if I went through it in depth) to take far too many matters to heart; in addition, you appear to have a nasty tendency to write hurtful jibes at people who don't necessarily deserve them. I have to presume you haven't figured out that you're annoying the very people who've been paying for the bandwidth and other costs to keep your beloved forum afloat, along with all the others here?

On top of that, this practice of linking certain words to their definitions for our benefit is, to be kind about it, tiresome - I think you're taking at least part of your signature too seriously. To be absolutely direct about it, you must be supremely arrogant to assume you're the only person on the planet with even a moderate vocabulary - or a dictionary for that matter - and how dare you be so presumptuous as to assume that you have some guaranteed intellectual "high ground" over the rest of us.

Finally, I see that you're threatening to stop posting here - as far as I can see, not many people are going to shed a tear on that fateful day, so do something for the good of the many, and either grow up, or shut up. Please.

Gadget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

It's not about Keeks being Green Issues mod, is it Typedef? It's really about you being de-modded.

"..I started off this forum.."
    "..I made this forum.."

You may have suggested it, but without member support and the magic of the Admins you didn't make diddly squat my learned colleague.

When will you ever understand that knowledge of the subject of the forum is secondary to a mods primary job of making sure reasonably on-topic, rational discussion takes place?

"..simply looking for another feather in your cap.."

Keeks never went looking for the feather, it was handed to him. He even posted asking what was going on.

In my opinion, this tirade of yours is more about you losing a feather in your cap than Keeks' ability to moderate.

Lastly some more words for your vocabulary you may not have yet:

Humour
    Relaxation
    Psychotherapy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I think we've found a new post of the month! :D Fair play Gadget!

Typedef stop threatening to leave, you're not scaring anyone. If you don't like Boards then do yourself a favour and at least take a break from it and come back when you've relaxed a little. I'm not trying to start an argument now, and even though this whole issue is getting tired I'm trying to see both sides of the story here.

This is just a website at the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

For Christ sakes lads - it's not like somebody died, it's only a bloody bulletin board...

Relax, smile

Mi 2c.

b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

WAH WAH WAH my precious board that I created all by myself and is not actually on another site to which I contribute nothing WAH WAH WAH

ahole.txt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Typedef
    Typedef
    Brian O'Donoghue

i still want to know who oyu are and did you go to DCU.
    by the way, i bet my IQ is still higher than yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Typedef... your expert use of vocabulary doesn't hide the fact that you are in fact, a child. Giving us all dictionary definitions on some of your words is amazingly condescending, and you do appear as Gadget says, to be supremely arrogant.

Everyone can see through this apparent intellectual post. It's quite simply about you and 'your' forum. Like a child who won't share having a tantrum when he's scolded - "It's mine, mine, mine'. Calm down man.

Be quiet! :rolleyes:

On a side note, I'm really amazed that Ampp made a serious post!! Seriously. Well done Amp :) I look forward to seeing some more....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Oh for god sake, stop you're whinging. If you don't like the boards, leave. If you like it, stay, but this incessant bitching over it and threatening to leave is just infantile.

IT'S JUST A BULLETIN BOARD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

It's my ball and i'm going home. Well if it's worth anything Typedef, you're a ****ing childish idiot. Now don't try and take it too personally, it is only my opinion after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

:D once again a thread was started and mods are slagging each other.... do you guys ever get along.... i dont know how all of this started but, dont really want to either..... but jesus christ most of you are in college/working so will you lot just GROW UP !! ..... whats next??? are you all gonna meet up for a fight??? :p

Well Rabies, moderators normally get along very well, we still do. This isn't a "mod war" cos Typedef isn't a mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

village_idiot_missing.jpg

Originally posted by Rabies
    :D once again a thread was started and mods are slagging each other.... do you guys ever get along.... i dont know how all of this started but, dont really want to either..... but jesus christ most of you are in college/working so will you lot just GROW UP !! ..... whats next??? are you all gonna meet up for a fight??? :p

who the fúck are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I dont think Typedef will be back on the boards any time soon anyway so this is all just a moot point now..

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    who the fúck are you?

ok, first of all, nice way to ask who i am....
    second. did you notice the :D at the start and :p at the end of my post.... was supposed to be taken with a bit of humour .... relax......

if you were offended when said GROW UP , well then i'm sorry.... it wasnt aimed at any one in particular :)
    Well Rabies, moderators normally get along very well, we still do. This isn't a "mod war" cos Typedef isn't a mod.

but he was a mod, wasnt he???... i know you guys get along.... but now and again ya see posts where mods are slagging each other... this happenns between mods more than it happens between normal users.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

bl33t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Originally posted by Saruman
    I dont think Typedef will be back on the boards any time soon anyway so this is all just a moot point now..
    I'd wager that (unless you know something I don't, which is more than possible) it's likely he'll read it - it's anyone's guess whether he'll reply, but (to paraphrase Forrest Gump) "ego is as ego does"... :rolleyes:

Gadget ;)

ok, first of all, nice way to ask who i am....

youre welcome

second. did you notice the :D at the start and :p at the end of my post.... was supposed to be taken with a bit of humour .... relax......

if you were offended when said GROW UP , well then i'm sorry.... it wasnt aimed at any one in particular :)

oh the seriousness of it all.
    but he was a mod, wasnt he???... i know you guys get along.... but now and again ya see posts where mods are slagging each other... this happenns between mods more than it happens between normal users.....

what exactly does it have to do with you anyway?
    or do you just want your voice to be heard and someone to take notice?

you know what the problem with most users is?
    theres 2 problems actually
    the first is that for some reason most users would like to be mods. i have no idea why. all we get is crap from people about freedom of speech etc and delteion of posts and crap like that

the second problem is that a mod is only a mod on his or her own board. i am a user anywhere else. i am a user on this board like any other. so if i want to have a go at someone here, i think im pretty much as entitled as anyone. so if you dont mind, i think id like to be able to make up my own mind as to what i will and will not do. if you have an issue with a'mod' who has an opinion then take it up with admin.

as for the typedef issue, he was a mod. he annoy an awful lot of people. nothing to do with abeing a mod. he was just being an annoying person.

and who the hell cares if people have a go. its a board. thats all.
    give out, give up, go home, leave, stay do whatever you want, but appreciate that there is little difference between a mod and a user. we can be banned, de modded, whatever the same as a user. and yes, we like to tell people to fúck of too sometimes. and as a user of this board, i do. freuqently. unlike typedef, i appreciate that a simple to the point messege is far better, more meaningful, and far more satisfying.

ok, are we on level now?
    you and i have no differences except that i can delete a thread on the work board. thats it. end of story. finito.

for some reason most users would like to be mods. i have no idea why. all we get is crap from people about freedom of speech etc and delteion of posts and crap like that
    well you can take me out of that category... wouldnt like to be a mod....
    so if i want to have a go at someone here, i think im pretty much as entitled as anyone. so if you dont mind, i think id like to be able to make up my own mind as to what i will and will not do. if you have an issue with a'mod' who has an opinion then take it up with admin.
    i dont need/want to take anything up with an admin, there is no need... just posted my "opinion"......

all points taken :D
    ok, are we on level now? ................... end of story. finito.

ok.....no prob

topic dropped

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What wwman said.

Yer all n00b lusers to me :)

Mods are just guys who agree to help us out keeping an eye on stuff. We're very grateful but we dont owe them anything for it and we can and will de-mod ban and harrass anyone who causes problems.

I didnt have a problem with Typedef but clearly there was some misunderstandings. Noone owns the board they mod. Its not a little power trip and anyone power tripping as a mod will get my virtual size-nine up the arse. (admins are allowed power-trip :) )
    Having a go at cloud when he had said he'd perhaps been too harsh is a spectacularly bad idea even on Bad-Ideas-For-The-Kids-Day.

There are 70 mods, you cant expect them all to get along with each other. What should we do when they dont? Censor them?
    Delete or suppress their opinions?
    "Admin" was set up as a place where anyone could come and discuss whats going on on boards.ie. Somewhere where all users were the same and only admins could edit posts so that if a user had a problem with a mod (or a mod with another mod) it could be discussed somewhere where only the admins controlled the posts.

Would you have us enforce happiness and bunny rabbits?
    Boards.ie ... the dysfunctional family of the internet :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

well said that man^

In my opinion Typedef is a muppet of the highest order and he also seems to have devoloped a serious case of verbal diarrhea :)

<GROUP HUGZ>

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    <GROUP HUGZ>
    u r ghey :)

sorry just me sycophantic again

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

TBH, I don't get this idea that the mod of a forum should be an expert in the field in question. Mods are there to keep control, to keep people in check. Sure, there's an /advantage/ to understanding to topic in-hand, but even a base-level understanding should suffice. Just being able to recognise the difference between on-topic and off-topic should be enough. And of course trolling. (Not that there's anything wrong with that - Hobbes' post in this thread was an excellent example of the genre.)

I have to say though, that although Typedef was my sworn enemy on Boards.ie (but only for the craic, we should all have one) because of his Slack fetish (and my Red Hat fetish), and he was very arrogant in his arguments at times, there's far worse than him on Boards.ie. There's some right muppets in here that I would much prefer to leave. I mean, who am I going to argue with about Linux now?

And who's going to replace Typedef as my new sworn enemy?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Save us Jeebus.. someone get him a crunchie quick.....

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    It’s not really. Its comunication on a modern level.

True, but not what I meant.

I just think it's sad when people start crying over something some guy said on a bulletin board. Surely there's better things to do with your time?

Originally posted by dahamsta

And who's going to replace Typedef as my new sworn enemy?

adam

I've installed Mandrake 8.2 recently if that's any use. It's much better than Red Hat. Also you smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Originally posted by DeVore

Yer all n00b lusers to me :)

Yer all n00b lusers to me !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Heh, I didn't mean you, I mean the cry-babies ;)

Me is lazy too, and who wants to work on a friday for gawd sake, you're meant to slack off and eat chocolate instead, and post on the boards.

I officially declare amp and dahamsta sworn enemies. May the battle commence.

Now I'm going to stop spamming this thread.

If your looking for something to spam koneko go to the change the subject thread.. you seem to be expected to spam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 stackboundary

pass-the-slack.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

stackboundary's IP matches Typedef's. Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement