Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish web based internet shops

• 27-05-2001 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there are any Irish shops, like Dabs, that sell computer stuff. I also would be interested to know if there are any used monitors for sale anywhere on this fair isle.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

yea theres afew of them,
    but i dont know why so many like dabs, their not the cheapest and ive heard of them ****ing up orders to ireland.

anywho, itdirect, marx computers and stonemasons site are all good

[This message has been edited by Joe22 (edited 27-05-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

thanks joe, just to clarify
    itdirect - www.itdirect.ie
    marx computers - www.marx-computers.com
    stonemasons site - www.w.c.p-computers.20m.com

I haven't heard of www.dabs.com being particularly bad, I'd say scan are much worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭Xterminator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gerry:
    thanks joe, just to clarify
    itdirect - www.itdirect.ie
    marx computers - www.marx-computers.com
    stonemasons site - www.w.c.p-computers.20m.com

I haven't heard of www.dabs.com being particularly bad, I'd say scan are much worse.
    </font>

What have you heard bad about SCAN? I was thinking of buying some stuff from them, their today only prices seem very good!
    Thks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

ok, well they have terrible customer service. I ordered a dvd drive and a writer from them, this took a week to arrive, and delivery cost £30 sterling. The dvd drive was not the type I ordered, and I had been assured by a salesperson on the phone that it would be. I know a few people who have been screwed by them also. If you search for posts on this board about scan, most of them are negative. If they could improve their delivery, and their customer service, they would be good, as you say their prices are good ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Quorthon

Guys, FWIW, (& I know they're not Irish) both

www.overclockers.co.uk

&

www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk

are excellent. I have had orders from both, prices are excellent, (they beat all the domestic ones even after delivery/conversion), and they always have up to date stuff, particularly in the cpu/mobo/memory arenas.

Q

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gerry:
    If you search for posts on this board about scan, most of them are negative.</font>

I guess folks generally don't post when everything goes to plan. I've ordered from both Scan and Dabs recently - no problems at all with my orders.

Advertisement