Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal advice board

Options
  • 25-04-2002 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to see a legal advice board. Just friendly free advice for people on here. Just like the local CAB. I would like to mod it. I would have a hard line against muppets and time wasters.

Whatya think?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hmmmm.......Kinda the same as a 'Health Board'. How can you distinguish 'Legal Advice' from 'Legal fact', ie how do you stop some muppet coming along and attempting to sue boards.ie because his divorce didn't go well. Or the opposite, some muppet posting advice like, 'If you drive your car with one wheel on the road and one wheel on de path, then pedestrains can't sue you 'cos technically you're still on the road."

And yes, mods would need to be tough. You'd have to have a co-mod, Monty or someone, 'cos you're a newbie. (I'm still a newbie, ffs)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Too much hassle. Is there someway to reword the title to emphasise that this is only for suggestions or research or whatever and not 'legal advice', perhaps "dispute resolution" (could be handy for mod wars).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

What Seamus said ^^

We actualy had a discussion about this before and sorta agreed the pitfalls outweigh the advantages.

FYI, on the Business / Economy Charter , I do point out that any consumer/commercial legal matters have an "ear" :)
    Legal Matters
    In terms of Legal Issues, please keep them relative to Commercial, Consumer, Competition or Trade issues.
    Anything else should probably be discussed on the Politics board- The Oirechtas are the Legislative arm of our state

Note: Any information received or made is the reponsibilty of indivduals and you are liable for your own actions, whether acting or refraining from acting on the basis of any information.

Advertisement