Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed with GF3 Ti200....

• 26-04-2002 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

I might ramble a bit here ,but bear with me......

Bought a Creative GF3 Ti200, I was upgrading from a Kyro2,so anyway I uninstalled Kyro and drivers,and installed the GF,boots up and enters the found new hardware wizard inserts disc and after been pointed in the right direction for the drivers,away it goes,gets to the end of the wizard and it informs me that...an error occurred during the installation of the device,the system cannot find the file specified,after a few more goes at it with the same results,i went and downloaded the detonator drivers in case there is something wrong with the disc.

Basically I got the same results,the drivers are showing up in the add/remove options as installed,but in the device manager there's a red x through the GF3.

I then installed the GF into another box just to be sure the card wasn't fecked and it installed with no problems whatsoever.

When i was trying to install it on my on box some times the hardware wizard would just keep running again and again and again.....Thats all I can think of at the moment,I've tried everything I know,so I'm handing it over to you guys

So guys any ideas on how to slove this problem.

Specs

1.4 TBird
    Abit kT7A
    SB Live 5.1
    Win2k

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

You didnt manage to get rid of all the Kryo2 drivers or try getting the latest VIA 4in1 drivers from Abits site.

Stone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Stonemason is correct ,the Kyro leaves files on your system and can be difficult to remove.

Either a fresh install of Windows.
    or Delete them all your self from Windows System folder(scary )
    Or go into DirectX with the kyro installed and find what Driver you need to delete.
    Another way which might work is to Update Driver Files online within Windows Update.
    Never had a Kyro so not sure if there is a program to remove it completely.

Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

Finally got it sorted.

I went searching for everything connected with the Kyro card and removed all listings,and guess what...the GF3 still would not load.

Installed the latest 4in1 drivers and yes it still would not load,so in the end I reinstalled 2k with the 4in1's and bingo! sorted.

I've no idea what was causing the problem,but I got there in the end.

Thanks for the help Guys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Dont forget to update your graphics drivers. I did a while ago and my card has never run better. Win2k is great at installing. Finds all your hardware quickly....unlike that 98 c**p where you have to restart aboot 20 times to finally find your graphics card!

Advertisement