Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IStream Caps, only on download?

Options
  • 26-04-2002 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

Yes, another annoying I-Stream question... the Cap(s) appear to refer to downloading only... meaning uploading is uncapped?

Surely it would have made more sense to Cap both, as this means people could run Websites (well, kinda) and FTP servers from even the cheapest connection and never incur any extra costs?

I could for instance, leave my PC on and access it remotely from work and download files from home?

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

dont give them any ideas to screw us further

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MadKevo

One thing to bear in mind:
    With TCP/IP, an upload will create download traffic in the form of Acknowledges. 3GB of ACKs (in downstream direction) would probably be worth 50GB of uploaded data, but it's still soemthing to consider.
    HTH,
    MK.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The conditions added to the Telecommunications Scheme do refer only to the "download limit", however this topic could be covered in more detail in the Terms & Conditions you'll have to agree to when you sign up for the product. Whether these T's&C's will be /enforceable/ if they contrast the Telecommunications Scheme is a another question. One for the ambulance chasers I'm afraid.

adam

Advertisement