Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM?

• 29-05-2001 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Im a bit of an idiot when it comes to ram, How do I find out what type of ram I should buy ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

It depends totally on what pc/motherboard you have. Once you find out what they are your manufacturers website will let you know! Or if you want to know quickly tell me what computer spec you have and I should be able to help!

Yurma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Xithus,

try: www.crucial.com

99 times out of a 100, you'll get sorted there. The site determines what RAM your PC needs, by selecting your system from a rather large database.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.
    Mail: jaden@eircom.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xithus:
    Im a bit of an idiot when it comes to ram, How do I find out what type of ram I should buy ?</font>

i have some fairly standard pc-133 sdram 128 mg if you are interested.

Your Dungeon Is On An Incline;
    Irate Creatures Cannot Play Marbles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Ive a 1ghz Athlon, Im look'n for 256mb o ram, Either as a single block or maybe 2 x 128.. I just wanna be sure to get the best ram I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

Not a bad setup, check here for some ram I am selling at the moment, very large dimms that do cas 2 settings = in english they are very good if not I wouldn't vbe using one myself.

check below

http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum5/HTML/000653.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement