Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

let me get this straight!

• 26-04-2002 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

I have found a contact in England who can possibly get me a BBC FTV card. Provided they get the card, get it activated and send it to me,

WILL THE CARD WORK IN MY EXISITING PANASONIC DIGI-BOX????

the last thing i want to do is get the card and it dosent work.

Any advise would be great, thanks

Nigel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

If the card is new get him to send you the card set it up in your machine,give him machine details,get him to ring and bingo

To clarify:
    They(your friends) will have to send the card to you so it can be activated in your box.
    When you get it-simply leave it in your box with the box powered on to say bbc1 and get your friends then to ring the ftv number asking them to send the activation signal.
    When yor friends have made that call-leave the box on with the bbc card for several hours as it takes longer for some of the channels to be switched on.
    Give them the make/model and ser. no. of the box in case the ftv people as for that.

They will need the card number when calling the ftv people.
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Phelim 3:16

However, (and correct me if I`m wrong guys!), if you get a card that has been activated on another box, it will still allow you to watch C4, ITV and C5 on your box. And because you really want C 5 that would work out fine for you! Although you may as well try and get it registered to your box to get BBC chanells.

Phelim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hockeyplayer

thanks for all your help.

Nigel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Phelim 3:16

Wow simultaneous posting! what are the chances!

phelim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Hi Guys, would it be helpful if we set u a FAQ for this and other issues, seems to be a recurring popular topic.

Regards Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Originally posted by Tony
    Hi Guys, would it be helpful if we set u a FAQ for this and other issues, seems to be a recurring popular topic.
    Regards Tony
    hi Tony,
    That was suggested before, and the thinking on it at the time was that a sticky or an FAQ might attract unwanted attention,given the nature of what a BBC Card is.
    It was decided to point any queries like the above to a link for one of the threads that explains this in detail.
    Or alternatively answer any specefic questions that come after the person has read the other thread.
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by madman

hi Tony,
    That was suggested before, and the thinking on it at the time was that a sticky or an FAQ might attract unwanted attention,given the nature of what a BBC Card is.

Fair point but the amount of times a thread such as this pops up is surely going to attract attention in any case.

Regards Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

True.
    Sky/BBC/ITV mustn't read ICDG anyhow:D
    Thats why they're so out of touch
    mm

Advertisement