Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personals forum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

On second thoughts this is probably a very bad idea.. i can see it being spam heaven for some reason..

Just realised that thread above is one of many spam posts by the same person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It would very quickly become muppet central. And then the spam.

I think it would also be legally unsound also.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Had some muppet called "The Creepo" (note the name) post something like this on Accommodation:
    Wanted single young male for "lodging" (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).
    It went on more, but I can't remember it exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Exactly why i changed my mind and said its a bad idea... might as well just suggest a muppet forum.. hmm thats not a bad idea... have a muppet forum that all can read but only mods and admins can post in! They can post abusive stuff about muppets and that will sort them out soon enough.... or maybe not...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I was just thinking that actually, I think it'd be a great idea but would need a lot of moderator intervention. As a cleansed place it would be great. Does this even exist except for some newspaper paid adverts. It could bring in a lot of interest from outside... ye of course the muppets will burk, maybe some are muppets because they need a partner... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

There are pay sites based in Ireland but these cost €10 pm to read and post replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Then it seems an even better idea surely.

Advertisement