Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regulator sets out unbundling guidelines

• 21-05-2001 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

http://www.electricnews.net/news.html?code=1598610
    about time, hopefully this will give us a more accurate picture of when we will have ADSL or 24/7 internet.no more stalling and some of the prices have been confirmed, not just temp ones
    good news all round, of course nothign at odtr.ie as i type this so i havent seen the document yet,
    This is on top of something like 114 million to go to the telecoms sector and a new, fairer way to distrubute it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It's encouraging, but only marginally. The ODTR information notice in question relates only to Service Level Agreements, so although Eircom appear to have agreed to something...

"Eircom reacted by saying that it will comply with the points that have been laid down by the ODTR in the Information notice."

...the primary issue, loop pricing, is still up in the air. As far as I'm aware, Eircom are still challenging those prices in the courts.

As far as I can see, this is Eircom making a fairly ineffectual attempt at making people like us watch the left hand while the right hand is still punching us in the gut.

I remain sceptical. I'll give Eircom the benefit of the doubt for a few days though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

I wouldnt.

Eircom dales girl rang me asking to boy "high-speed".
    Asked about DSL.
    Answer was: 2 to 3 years away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Ah, you never know. With all the GM going on these days, and the genome mapped, it's only a matter of time before pigs fly. smile.gif

I wouldn't take any notice of what the Eircom sales people say to you though, they haven't a bulls notion. Never have done, never will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Skeptic1

Well spotted Joe.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    ...the primary issue, loop pricing, is still up in the air. As far as I'm aware, Eircom are still challenging those prices in the courts.</font>
    Does anyone know if they have actually approached the courts? Are they just threatening in order to stall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Is it just me or does those last few lines about eircon comp-lie-ing sound worrying.It smacks of someone who has a get out of jail card free and is just stringing the other players along.I wait with baited breath for the next amazing escape routine from eircom.

Stone biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'm faairly ****ed for DSL anyways, I don't think I'll ever be able to get it, even thogh i live just one mile from my exchange....
    Teh reason: i have a cursed line-splitter on my line. Causing me untold stress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

There was a small titbit in pc gamer i think about a new improvement in adsl technolagy g99 or sumit suposed to boost download and upload speeds by 50% and also extends the distance restrictions between the exchange and the punter.

Stone biggrin.gif

Advertisement