Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.doc/.txt to .mdb?

• 29-05-2001 1:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

I'm using Access97 anyone know if its possible to import files from a .txt or .doc into the database file?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Erm,

File,
    Get External Data.

Change "types of file to" .txt.

Unless you're talking about putting .txt data into an existing database.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.
    Mail: jaden@eircom.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Yeah it's a database I'm trying to put it into, would I be better off creating a new one and linking the tables or is any other way?

[This message has been edited by damnyanks (edited 29-05-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by damnyanks:
    Yeah it's a database I'm trying to put it into, would I be better off creating a new one and linking the tables or is any other way?
    </font>

probably.

Get a error again, its really annoying. Does anyone know if its possible with a batch file and if they do any tips on how to make them I havent a clue frown.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It would probably help if you told people how you want to import it?

Does the document contain data that should be records? Or do you want to create a document control system?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

Accesc 97 has an import wizard in the menu bar options that you can point to a text file (or other souce). Access will then insert what it sees as field breaks, which you okey or amend. After that it creates an mdb filled with the imported info.

It can also be used to import data into existing tables as far as I know. - Hope that is helpful

Keep your powder dry and your pants moist

I want to put each record into its own field. I already tryed to import the info and link tables its no good thing crashes

Advertisement