Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using CodeWarrior...

Options
  • 26-04-2002 2:22pm

Sorry if this is in the wrong boards, it's a programming kit so i thought here would be a good place to have it.

Does anyone in here use CodeWarrior to program in Java?
    I was attracted by the prospect of RAD development for the graphical interface...the problem is that i can't get it to recognise the Sun JDK...it tells me that it's not installed and then that it can't start the VM.

I know the JDK is installed but the problem maybe that there is two runtime enviroments installed...should i uninstall one and reinstall the JDK, so CodeWarrior can recognise the JDK?

Any help would be appreciated on this,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Last time I used Codewarrior was on a Mac well over a year ago. Not sure in that case I could change the JDK as it was using it's own.

If you are starting off on IDE's then prehaps get forte instead? The community edition is free and I'm pretty sure it can do the same or more as codewarrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I just got it on the front of PCPlus yesterday, but am afraid to install it before my exams. Is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭davoc

Seamus..

in CIT (where i am) its in use all the time throughout all of the computing courses. even though its the first programming package i have used and i do not have enough experience with any other, i would say that it is basic enough to get used to using it and the error and warning messages are quite informative. also the fact that it supports c, c++, java and pascal is very handy should you need either feature.
    i have heard a couple of friends having problems in using identical code in Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 and then in Codewarrior later (or codewarrior first then back to ms vis c++). Modern versions of the two aswell. dunno might just be something small

What version of codewarrior are pcplus giving away?. i have version 5 myself, version 7 is the latest i think.

LC i take it? (seeing as you're the mod of the lc forum)
    screw programming and do yer exams first id say though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by davoc

What version of codewarrior are pcplus giving away?. i have version 5 myself, version 7 is the latest i think.

LC i take it? (seeing as you're the mod of the lc forum)
    screw programming and do yer exams first id say though :P

Dunno what version, I left the discs at home, and don't expect to get back there until early tomorrow ;)

College exams btw, second year, starting on Tuesday :( Installing a new programming tool would give me another excuse not to study. :)

Advertisement