Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN Problems Part 2

Options
  • 26-04-2002 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Sorry about making a new thread for this but I am going to crack up if I do not get some serious help. I ordered, recieved and subsequently installed my ASUS ISDNlink 128K Adapter which as those of you that have an asus know, should be pinging me like 30 - 100. However, I am in fact getting a ping between 150 and 250. I tried setting the speed from 64K to 128K(bonded) and that seemed to help a little. Can anyone please help me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dr.Seagull

what isp are you using?
    i recomend oceanfree

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

you tried different drivers ?
    You sure you are using the right device?
    But i'd say your best bet is to try a decent ISP as Dr. Seagull suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Inf

I have the same card, when i use eircom i get 150-300 pings, when i used ocean i get 30(on irish servers) - 100

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

i also have the same card, using Indigo (eircom) 1891 number, I normally get 50 ping on barrysworld. Are you sure you have it set up correctly. When you say you get that ping, is it within the game? or ms-dos ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Pone

Within game. My dos will not allow any text to be typed in it for some odd reason, so I cant see how a server is pinging from there. I will make an account with indigo as I every time I dial Oceanfree I get a 'line is busy' error which so far, I have not been able to fix (as ye can see, I am really up **** creek with this stuff). Also, I will try installing different drivers off the disc that came with the TA and see if any of that helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement