Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

networking/novell/tfc question

• 30-05-2001 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

I was playin tfc from college n I noticed that along with the other junk it throws up when ur connecting to a multiplayer game that IPx was disabled... but novell (our primary logon) runs on novell??

Did it mean that IPx is disabled in TFC???

P.s. it also said that when i way playin on the lan so its not that the server i was connecting too didn't support IPx

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Just a quick question for verification!

what version of the novell os is running on your college LAN?

If perchance its 5.x then theres a good chance your administrator's have changed protocols. NetWare 5.x supports IP and IPX, this would explain the absence of IPX in your games Multiplayer Menu.

hope this solves your query

flamegrill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Cliph

Networks based on Novell NetWare can run on IP or IPx. Most new installations will be setup using IP for increased compatibility and interpolarity. Older versions of NetWare, 4.11 and below were IPx only, since NetWare 5 both IPx and IP have been available.
    I hope this answers your query.

[This message has been edited by Cliph (edited 30-05-2001).]

Advertisement