Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2002 Lineup

• 26-04-2002 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭

Here`s the lineup that I want for slane2002

Bootleg Beatles
    Richard Ashcroft
    Placebo
    The Strokes
    The Hives
    Portishead
    Relish
    The White Stripes
    Dandy Warhols

This is an alternative lineup to the usual big band and s h i t e acts that slane provide

Anyone else got a fantasy lineup...the post here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Slane is all about "Big Acts". Springsteen, the Stones, U2, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, the Verve at their peak, the Manics, and Bryan Adams.
    The support is usually pretty good, so you can't complain, some of the bands you named will probably be there, lower down on the bill. Relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I was making the point that usually they have one big act and the rest is crap, but occasionally you get little gems like Moby 2000

Eh you seemd to be making the opposite point, that the "big" acts are shìt, and you would prefer more less popular bands (which you just called crap). The support bills at Slane are consistently good, Placebo played recently I am sure, they were on your fantasy list, were they one of the "crap" support bands you are talking about. There are no little gems, the support is usually excellent. The Seahorses, The Manics, Stereophonics before they got big heads, James, Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Not arguing with you pal, just wanted to see what other bands people wanted, Whats your own view

Ideally I would like the RCHP, but Landsdowne is obviously definitely on for them. They were supposed to be headlining in 2000, Bryan Adams was only brought in after the pulled out (can't remember why). Suggestions of U2 or Robbie again are not realistic, I would like to see Madonna, as the big fùck off star act, and then 4 or 5 decent support bands like those you named.
    And Nirvana, and the Clash, if possible. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

When Robbie Williams was headling there the support was, Placebo, Happy Mondays, David Gray, Gomez, and Sterophonics!! That seems like a half decent line up to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 awrman

in all fairness who gives a 'fook' about slane. WITNNESS is going to rock. I got my weekender ticket anyway.

Advertisement