Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL SNL

• 30-05-2001 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

Firstly in one of the other threads...
    I thought IOL bought ESAT.

Other thing is that I was told by an operator on the 1800 923 222 number, that I had until 31st of May to agree to the 75 hour limit, I was kind of sceptical but I took her word for it. Now I'm told that it was the 18th of May. I just think its kind of a sad arrangement. They shoulda have told us but I guess they just hoped everyone would let it go and get off their service, which I think is disgraceful.

There is little I can do about it now, and from what I can see they've done everything possible to cover their asses, which leaves me with a rather nasty taste in my mouth when it comes to Esat/IOL.

So, from now on I guess I'll be moving to some other service, I hear from one side that Ocean is pretty good, that Esat is good too...anyone got any solid facts I'd appreciate it, course it sounds like alot of work :P

Not really much point to this post but its just really a rant about Esat/Iol. So carry on...

-=Ivan=-

IvAn
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

"I thought IOL bought ESAT."

Other way round.

"Other thing is that I was told by an operator on the 1800 923 222 number, that I had until 31st of May to agree to the 75 hour limit"

I thought Esat were going to send out a letter about that? I didn't get any letter about it, and it's a bit shoddy expecting us to agree to something we know nothing about. Do they thing we're pychic's or summat?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

I thought that once you got the letter that was it.. you were kicked of and there was nothing you could do about it..
    You telling me I could have rang and agreed to a 75 hour limit !

2 hours til I go back to Eircom.. tis a grave day for cardassia.. I mean me.. frown.gif

Look on the bright side suicide..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Don't we have until 12am, 1st June, 2001?

As in all day tomorrow?

No?!

B'lox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Hmm, so what ye are saying is if we (I!) Ring up rtomorrow say "Sorry I asumed no limits was no limits! i wont do it again let me use it for the 75 hours a month"

and they will comply!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

Someone please confirm some of this mumbojumbo.

Don't stop movin to the S-club beat!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Im call'n em tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

The user group Ireland Offline (www.irelandoffline.com) held a successful meeting with Esat on Wednesday (30/5/01). The full details of the meeting can be read on the Ireland Offline board in the community section of boards.ie, there is also a link on their site. In the meeting Esat were surprised at the conflicting information users were getting from customer support and were also handed a WHOLE lot of hard copy complaints from users of SNL, check it out.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Questions answered and more to come...:

IrelandOffline's meeting with Esat:
    http://www.boards.ie/community/Forum18/HTML/000040.html

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? - a Triumph! - 'And yea verily did Moses strike down the ammmanites, - and all the land did hear the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 SH

Ivan, Sorry to say buddy that OCEAN IS ESAT. Last year Esat bought Ocean so if you ring Ocean you get through to Esat!. Sorry to disapoint you! yOu really should educate yourself on the latest telecoms.

Advertisement