Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Ronnie James Dio moment

Options
  • 26-04-2002 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Thought I might as well get in early with a truly horrendous "classic rock" thread before AngelWhore and half a dozen pocket mettlers take over with their mumblings on a scene which has totally passed me by in recent years.

Anyway, what's anyones favourite Ronnie James Dio moment?
    Mine is his entire performance Colmanballs performance on Live eviL, but especially on the 18 minute version of 'Heaven and Hell'

Asking the dumb American audience to sing along on 'Heaven and Hell: "We'd like you to sing just three words after we do please. The words 'heaven and hell' and I'll do one first so you know exactly where it comes. It's quite easy but we need your lung power and you gotta do it with a lot of strength and a lot of power, here's the example! ON AND ON IT'S HEAVEN AND HELL! Now that's what you do here we go (total silence from audience)

"Not knowing you were going to be this fantastic we didn't tell you the other surprise. Not only are we filming this one but our next album will finally a live album from Black Sabbath"

"attention to the snare drum, beat it!"

Loads of shyte lyrics etc... and now I'm beginning to regret starting this thread.

Comments

Advertisement