Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Operation Flashpoint Board request

• 27-04-2002 12:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭

Could one fo the admins create a Flashpoint board up in commuinities or where ever for a bit to see how much traffic it gets?
    Probably best to leave it unmoderated to see what happens.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It's worth noting that there's been practically zero OpFlash traffic in the Games board... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Wouldn't say zero..not much, but there has been a bit now and again.
    it's not really a 'game' game, more of a 'hard but very rewarding simulation' game.
    There are a few boards in those drop-down menu that don't have much traffic on other forums.
    What harm could a test do?There were a few people voting for it for the server last week, not as many as JK2, but still a good few.

There's a hell of a lot of resources and sites out tehre for it and it would be nice to have a pool of stuff for people to look at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Id like to see a Op flash board for what its worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

ffs - someone move this spam to admin

what do you mean spam?
    Alot of the poeple who play Flashpoint read these boards, but may not read admin (for all it's flaminess).
    Move it if ye want, but i don't see how it's spam.
    I never once said 'IT R TEH L33F' in it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Eh i dont know if it needs its own forum.. great game but there are plenty of games forums where threads can be posted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I play Op Flash but I don't really think there's enough traffic for a board. People see it as a 'LAN only' game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I'd like to see it..This is like the third time its been requested..and theres been quite a few opflash posts on the games board. A community board at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭MelKor

like ive said before, there's a load of stuff out there like patches new vehicles out there and all of the stuff thats made by the little guys sometimes goes unnotices, especialy their maps and campaigns and boards is the perfect place for the Irish,(but not strictly irish), little guy to get the unnoticed stuff and maybe tell other people where they are and to share maps between people. there might not be as many people as interested as other boards but with the amount of addons for this game out there, there will be plenty of traffic going through that board.

just give it a test for a while and see what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Worth a try I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Mmm yummy Flaspoint. Have to agree it's still a great great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Vivi

Ya it would be a good idea!!:)

Thanks for that Cloud :)
    Was kind of spread out between the game and game editing boards. Didn't think it really fitted in with wargames as they're more RTS/Warhammer whereas this is more simulation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement