Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linux - NIC module not being loaded on boot.....

• 31-05-2001 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

Okies i seem to be having a bit of a problem, the system doesnt seem to be able to insmod my NIC module on bootup, but can do it at runtime......

first things first....
    Redhat 7.0
    3c509 - etherlink 3

Now ive set up the ip addies+domain etc in all the usual places, but on bootup it gives me a message....

bringing up interface eth0 : '/pathto3c509.0' : insmod failed (path long - me lazy)

delaying eth0 initialisation

Now i know the cards working and my settings are correct as once i log in, su to root and insmod the 3c509.o manually, then run

'ifconfig eth0 <ip> etc'

it works fine, straight on the network no problems and my windows box can see it fine.

So i guess has anyone come up with anything like this and if so any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Snaga

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

if its working ok, just stick the lines u use urself into to ur "/etc/rc.d/rc.local" file and ur set, no more problems

smile.gif

flame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

hehe thanks - as a kludge itll probly work smile.gif

I know i got it working before though with the exact same machine/distro, its just being bold for some reason(translation - im probably doing something silly) wink.gif

Advertisement