Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch in Limerick

• 27-04-2002 1:27pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

I've been travelling to Limerick City a fair bit lately, and I will be on and off for the next while (once a week at least).

I want to find somewhere nice to go for lunch (not pub grub), does anyone have a recommendation or two ?

I have been to Finnegans on the Dublin road, and it's not bad, but I'm looking for something a step up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Javas on catherine street for something nice to eat, nummy steak samwhich. If your looking for something quick try Kranks on Henrys street I think, Donkeys near the market, or the Lobster pot don't ask me the name of the street but its just below the main street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Something a step up from Finnegans? Don't go near Kranks (I puked) or Donkeys (housemates puked) in that case...there isn't that many good places to eat unless you want to shell out a bit...The Old Quarter on Little Ellen street is nice and Nestors on O' Connell St....but still pub grub.

If you are going to pay a little bit more then there's The Texas Steakout on O' Connell St. (v. nice) and O Grady's Cellar restaurant (not that great) just down from the Steakout on O' Connell St. also. The Yellow Lemon on Denmark St., lots more little places like these...look up a Limerick restaurant guide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Better chips at Enzos on William Street anyway.

Javas (Catherine Street) do a nice toasted tuna sanngich (I'd say "sandwich", but well, you know)

There's a new deli open under my flat on Catherine Street - Nualas. Don't know what kind of food they do but at least the place seems clean.

Bellini's (or something similar) on Thomas Street do OK Italian food.

The Wokking (O'Connell Street, opposite the George) do fairly OK Chinese. It's part of the Jasmine (upstairs) - pretty much the same food but in a shiny box.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Thanks Lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Subway on Cruises Street make absolutely gorgeous Meatball sandwiches..

• Advertisement
Advertisement