Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Request for new games forum..

• 27-04-2002 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Any chance we can get a stratagy forum?
    you know
    Age Of Empires
    Shattered Galaxy

ect ect

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Civ, Empire Earth, etc

Good idea - I for one would go for that.
    (might find out if anyone else still plays Rollercoaster Tycoon)

Should this be suggested over in Admin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Yes good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

You got a problem with the Wargames forum?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I am also in agreances with thee in favour of thou forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

id like it,but would it be used often enuf to be worth while?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Moved to admin from Games where new board requests belong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

yes i believe such a forum would produce sufficient traffic to warrent its existance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'd say no.
    This whole 'can I've a board' thing is getting out of hand those are wargames and therefore belong in the wargame section. If we keep getting boards for ever single sub-variant of game we'll have loads of small under used boards as to opposed to the larger underused ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Rev Hellfire
    I'd say no.
    This whole 'can I've a board' thing is getting out of hand those are wargames and therefore belong in the wargame section. If we keep getting boards for ever single sub-variant of game we'll have loads of small under used boards as to opposed to the larger underused ones.

I would concur.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

What Rev said. There is insufficent RTS-specific traffic on the Games board to justify splitting off a Strategy Games board, and the Wargames forum is appropriate for this type of post anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Originally posted by Rev Hellfire
    I'd say no.

Exactly.

P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

what shinji said...

its not like the Games forum is under seige from RTS gamers, in fact there is feck all RTS traffic there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

what vagga shinji and logic said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Hows about a creating a board of PC and one for Console?

Would both generate enough traffic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

what sheron said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

I have to concur with the (seemingly majority) no vote here too. Although I only play these types of games, I don't think there'd be enough traffic to warrant a forum. If the existing games forums don't carry much traffic on the subject, I can see the place turning into Tumbleweed Central.

Gadget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Sure the RTS people are currently building up their base, collecting raw materials and advancing their technology before the lay seige to the games board :)

lol, classic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I wouldn't mind seeing a board for consoles. The games board as it is is just full of everything.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Being a game related moderator I'd disagree with the idea to the extreme...

Like pretty much everyone else has said, we already have a board based on the same subject as Strategy, so making another board solely for that topic alone would be rather pointless... As for the console/PC Boards... Why!?

The Games board simply covers all topics related to "Games", regardless of what machine is needed to play it/them on... Slicing the Games board into seperate Console/PC Boards also seems rather fruitless... Yes there are a lot of things you can talk about (when it comes to consoles) that aren't compatible with a PC Board (And vice versa) but anything you can post about either machine is just as valid on the normal Games Board...

...Ok i've lost track of myself now...
    Basically, I disagree with the idea... It's not a bad idea, but it's a bad idea (If you get what I mean).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by GreenHell
    Sure the RTS people are currently building up their base, collecting raw materials and advancing their technology before the lay seige to the games board :)
    thats it exactly ;) lol

I'd disagree with the idea to the extreme
    YOu afraid someone is gonan take some of your ground?

Get your Zerglings ready to attack them ;)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Let's see now... Myself and Drake cover the "Game Editing" side, as opposed to actual games themselves...

Taking ground!? I've already battled against the idea of new Game Editing Boards in the past. Had nothing to do with "Ground being taken", I simply battled because the idea was all out pointless, as is this one (No offense to the thread starter).

In all honestly, growth on Boards.ie is great - But in this case it's like me trying to grow an extra thumb... What would I want it for!?

Zerglings!? Your quite cheap, aren't you vagga :D Im talking big **** off Ultralisk's here...

Advertisement