Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RJ-45 faceplates

Options
  • 28-04-2002 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Anyone know where to buy RJ-45 faceplates (sockets) in Galway?

Can anyone tell me if you need a 'punch tool' to attach a socket to a cable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Im pretty sure maplins sell them, is their one near you?
    As for as a punch tool, the ones i bought(awhile back all be it) had little screws

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Look up the yellow pages under Electrical Wholesale. They will have them. And yes the decent ones will require the use of a punchdown tool. You should also be able to get that there too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Bosco
    How many you looking for ? I might be able to get you a small few
    for very little ,pm me
    otherwise Id try ..

Compustore
    Woodies

They should be able to order em in for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Try XL computers on the old monivea road, they don't have them listed on their site but i've gotten cat5 cable and rj-45 'plugs' off them before

info@xlcomp.com

phone 091 770078

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Kellihers

They are wholesale (you didn't say whether u were a company or not) so I'm not sure whether they will sell to the public, but i'm 99% sure they will have em (in 2 dozen varieties probably)

John

• Advertisement
Advertisement