Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irc servers.....

• 27-05-2001 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Was just wondering...............what irc servers do you guys use? any irish ones? with techy chans n stuff?

thnx.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

A lot of us would be found in #quake.ie and #fortress.ie on Quakenet (irc.barrysworld.com)

I wouldn't ever call them technical conversations though, ye can always try though smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

Anyone ever think of setting up a boards.ie channel on a network/server ? biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i think there actually is one. on the main page go to chat (accross the top). i think that brings u into a boards.ie channel. not sure though. anyone who knows care to tell?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"Eleven plus two = Twelve plus one"</font>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

most irish people use irc.phishy.net for chatting.
    run by irish and most users are irish.
    join #phishtank or #dublin etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Bucon

As an Admin on Phishy, I can tell you it is NOT full of kids, brainless ppl, or paedophiles...thats just rubbish.

The only way to find out what it IS like...is to join and see.

Bucon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I think alot of us oldies have hung out on phishy at one stage or another and in agreement with Bubbles anytime I ever went in there it was moron central.

.logic.

[This message has been edited by logic1 (edited 29-05-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Id recommend QuakeNET, although network usage has exploded over the last year or so. Its decent, and has a good community spirit. Ive been using it for about 4 years from when it was still incey wincey, and it has always been a quality irc server with (mostly) friendly and helpful people.

Moriarty
    mrmoriarty@eircom.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Klay

I heard something about a irc.quake.ie server being set up..can anyone confirm that? confused.gif

"(Shaft error to Klay[b-airlock140.esatclear.ie]: Erection reset by queer)"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Havent heard about that. There used to be an irc.quake.ie server linked to QuakeNET as a leaf server many moons ago, but i think it was hacked or something (?) and it never came back up again... If somone is going to be brining up a new irc.quake.ie linked to quakenet, i'll volunteer for oper smile.gif

Moriarty
    mrmoriarty@eircom.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

But phishy.net is full of kids, brainless gimps like Joe22 and peadophiles....(seriously)

I would serously recommend staying away from that server !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

lol bucon you spotty faced 15 year old tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

it wasnt hacked, "some guy drove his tractor into it"
    (this is exactly what i was told by von at the time)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I heard it was a JCB smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bucon:
    As an Admin on Phishy, I can tell you it is NOT full of kids, brainless ppl, or paedophiles...thats just rubbish.

The only way to find out what it IS like...is to join and see.

Bucon.
    </font>

I remember, #doozer and #quake.ie where there a hell of a long long time, most of us older heads know what phishy is and that is exactly what Bubbles says it is.

Advertisement