Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cue ominous music.....

• 28-04-2002 6:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

boo hoo!!!! i think i'm gonna cry!!! i wonder if i just stayed in bed, and forgot about them, would they all just go away???

well, anyone else's exams starting 2moro??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Nah, I start on Tuesday. I'm not stressed at all! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

sniffle.........blubber......

i think i need a hug!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Mine start in 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Mine start Wed week and it's hilarious because they're so imbalanced! I've one exam and the lecturer just basically tells us that as long as we write something we'll pass (it's all about communications theory and cultural studies and that sort of bollox) and then there's the politics exam and the lecturer is pointing out all the possible ways of contacting him in June should we fail . If I was a lecturer I'd be drilling it into my students' heads that they're not gonna fail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

What subects are you doing?

And does anyone have any tips for writing essays and not going over the time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Mine Started yesterday, finish on the 23rd May

Thank God, I didn't have to endure the torture that is the RDS-
    GSB is waaay better- No sticky floors or dodgy unstable desks among many other grievances !!

Originally posted by DadaKopf
    And does anyone have any tips for writing essays and not going over the time?

Write fast...

No seriously :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

Originally posted by 80project
    Thank God, I didn't have to endure the torture that is the RDS-
    No sticky floors or dodgy unstable desks among many other grievances !!

oh, and don't forget the horrific freezing cold- that's a special part of your university education!!!!

Ironically the RDS is always very warm-
    Its bound to, with thousands of young adults fretting simultaneously!!

I dont know, I reckon UCD is usually fairly well heated- but then again I cycle everywhere so maybe when I get into college I have a bit of internal heat momentum :)

I remember the cold in Seconday School though. Its the worst feeling if you are trying to concentrate or write for long periods- I always remember there being scuffles for seats next to radiators :D

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Start on the 7th, have 6 exams that week. 3 physiology & 3 biochem. After that its three more exams (physiology, anatomy & biochem) and finish the 20th

Shame I wasted the first two weeks of the month off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Mine start one week from today. Should be ok- hope so anyway cos I can't afford to fail any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Originally posted by DadaKopf
    What subects are you doing?

I'm doing Databases, Computer Organisation, Networks, Computer Services management, E-commerce and a project. I don't start until the 12th but i have the project report and presentation to do for next week. All the exams are every second day so it's not too bad. Finish on the 22nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Mine started on Tuesday. 10 exams in 21 days, so I've got plenty of time between each. Still crapping myself though. Yes being in UCD is far better than the damn RDS. I'm on the 2nd floor concourse in the Science block, the only problem being that you have to walk down two sets of stairs (and through loads of desks) to get out of the exam hall!!

Computers is OK. I fecked up Architecture on Tuesday, but there's 4 papers, each worth %17.5, so even a bare pass in one paper isn't a huge loss. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

yeah starting on may 13th. not looking forward to them though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

In the words of Anthony Kiedis, had to go on a walkabout.... Bleedin exams are up South Circular Road in a Parish Hall at the back of a church. Not tooo far from Aungier St. I suppose. At least our prayers won't get lost on their travels to the good Lord........All the DIT ones seem to be scattered all over the city. Look in every underground carpark and snooker hall in the city centre for the next few weeks and you'll find a bunch of eager DIT students, their crayons sharpened and eyes wide open.....

Advertisement