Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canvassers-What to tell them?

Options
  • 28-04-2002 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Now ive been on this forum a while and know bits and pieces about the net situation here..so what exactly do u tell these canvassers, do u leave it short..or tell em the whole story..or jus basic solid facts or points..thanks ppl :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

We will have a flyer available to give them in exchange for their party leaflets. This will also give issues to bring up with them. This will be ready tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

great work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Originally posted by SkepticOne
    We will have a flyer available to give them in exchange for their party leaflets. This will also give issues to bring up with them. This will be ready tomorrow.

Fantastic. Just what I'm looking for. I've been trying to knock up something decent myself but I just don't seem to be able to so I'm glad that I'll have some "official" IOFFL flyers to print up and hand out to the politicians. In addition to the right royal rollocking I'm going to give each and every one of them! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Ditto, it will be nice to brandish these about the place.

Sorry about the delay. Should have them this am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Nice one Mike. Feel like waving something in the faces of "Young Whoever" when they call

I have to appologise once again. It will be after 6pm before I have versions to post. I've sent them off to someone to convert to PDF format.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If you're stuck, mail me. I've a nice copy of full Acrobat 5 that only gets used about once a month

Mail address for public consumption is

seamusspam AT yahoo DOT com

(the "spam" stays in - damn spammers)

Originally posted by sceptre
    If you're stuck, mail me. I've a nice copy of full Acrobat 5 that only gets used about once a month
    Thanks, I would do that only the thing is being designed between myself and Howard Brittain (who has acrobat). He has already made certain agreed changes but wanted to wait until off-peak hours to send them. I did not note down those changes but left it to him. He's away for the afternoon too so we'll have to wait. Anyway, we'll have them shortly after six.

OK, heres the leaflets as they stand. They are in a zip file here. Hosting is kindly provided by Howard Brittain. There are four files:

InternetLeaflet97.doc
    InternetLeaflet97.pdf
    InternetLeaflet97_2.rtf
    InternetLeaflet97_2.pdf

The .docs are in Word 97 format. These should be openable by later versions of word.

For those without word, there's pdf versions too.

The one's with a _2 at the end don't have the IOFFL logo. The idea is to downplay IOFFL in favour of the voter who hand's out the leaflet. It's very much done in a personal letter from voter to candidate style.

In the other two, the logo exists but is small and at the bottom. We can discuss here the merits of each approach. Either the logo or the non-logo versions will be used.

You will notice that we haven't gone for extreme examples here (e.g., 250 euros a month for dial-up) even though some people are in this category. This is because we need to appear to the candidate as ordinary average voters. For most people, 45 euros is a *huge* amount to be spending on the Internet. The contrast between this and 8.50 euros should be sufficient to make an impact on the candidate.

Emphasis is on basic understandable facts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

I thought it would be appropriate to hit like with like (24/7)...

ie... include €720 at the bottom with the other countries.

Tim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

looks good to me :) has the main points and they stare out at u when u look at em, well done mate

Advertisement