Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! needed with VCD's

Options
  • 28-04-2002 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I’m currently trying to make a VCD but I’m running into trouble. I’m using a hauppage wintv card with its capture software to make raw AVI footage and then compressing it down to MPEG using a downloadable program called TMPGEnc.

As things stand I’m having a couple of problems. Firstly is that the capture facility of the Wintv software isn’t very impressive and seems to miss frames, leading to a juttered image that isn’t satisfactory to watch. The second is that (as you can imagine) an AVI file for an hour long program (for example) is just massive in size and not really practical for an average home computer to store/edit etc.

So I was wondering if any of you guys knew of a way to capture video with the tv-card I have and convert it directly to MPG so that I won’t have to deal with huge unwieldy files and avoid the capture shortcomings of haupages software?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Try

www.vcdhelp.com

Always good info there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

get an mpeg encoder card.. then it will record as an mpeg!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The TV cards can only capture poor quality video.
    (Although I did use mine to capture video to DIVX4 AVI recently, and didn't lose a single frame). This was using the Win2K drivers( which included a video recording application). If you have the latest DivX codecs installed, you can captuire in this format.

If you have a DVD player in your PC, then you shouldn't use your Hauppage card at all. You can use a wide range of capturing applications, such as EasyDVD etc..

See Sceptre's link above...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Get virtualdub .... Works great on a Hauphauge, and you can capture straight to Divx. But if you want to make a VCD (that will play in a DVD player) you have to capture to mpeg , which virtualdub also does !

Advertisement