Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genesis Europe - Second Quarter?

• 01-06-2001 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

This Genesis thing has been done over a few times already - the general consensus was that they were spoofers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

I've seen this peripheral first hand and its pretty cool. Yes its the same Gary keefe btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Just to let you all know...

I have recently emailed Genesis 3 times about their webpage and when they are going to launch, but they have ignored all my emails.

Some company.

--Chris--

http://uie.8m.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Skeptic1

The Genesis Europe still says that they have set a second quarter date for their new services. It is now the third quarter. Has anyone heard from them?

In a possibly unrelated story, Electric News reports that a Cork company, EVTC, has launched a new PC peripheral which allows PC games to be played whithout the need to have the original game CD. EVTC is headed by a certain Gary Keefe.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">(From article) EVTC is already known in Ireland as the distributor of the Videophone, a two way video conferencing telephone set that used regular analogue lines. This product received great publicity on the television and in the local press when initially launched.</font>
    Does anyone remember this publicity? I had a look around on the net and the only thing I could find was an article in the Irish Emmigrant. It looks like EVTC stands for European Video Telephone Company.

Note that in this article, the name "Garry Keeffe" is used. They may not be the same person.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The European Video Telephone company (EVTC) has launched what it claims to be the world's first video phone to use residential phone lines. The equipment is sold in pairs. Garry Keeffe, director of EVTC, explains, "You buy two handsets, we deliver them wherever in the world, you plug it in and you can talk and see the person sitting at the other telephone".</font>

[This message has been edited by Skeptic1 (edited 01-06-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 crano

Well f*u*c*k them shower of spoofers anyway
    (genesis)I got their direct debit forms
    sometime ago, AND im glad now I didnt fill them in and send them away, or I would be a sick little puppy now.

Advertisement