Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Band needs You

• 28-04-2002 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Am I alone in thinking this public announcement across all boards constitues spam? I mean, A call for band members?!??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Well im sure Dev and the likes would only be too willing to except a monthly cheque from you for the hosting and any other charges required to keep boards.ie up and running.....but hold on a second it seems that maybe they should use the "announcement thread" in each forum and put it to some use..no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Xian

Originally posted by chernobyl
    Well im sure Dev and the likes would only be too willing to except a monthly cheque from you for the hosting and any other charges required to keep boards.ie up and running
    Ah. So it is spam. So I can safely ignore any public announcement in the future. Is that right?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

wtf is you're problem.

Slannesh (a long time member of Boards.ie) wants to make a band from people who are mates here. Its not a money thing, its not a commercial thing, its a fnckin community thing.

It'll be there for a week, maybe less, and yes feel free to ignore any other announcements, in fact feel free to build your own spam free community.
    Ah. So it is spam. So I can safely ignore any public announcement in the future. Is that right?

Jesus, some people are never feckin happy. feck off if you dont like it.

DeV. <-- annoyed by that tone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

woops..i thought it was a "pay the bills" promo.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

actually, no, I'm not done yet.

This is a community, that means that it goes both ways. If someone who has been a productive member of the community comes to me and asks me to do something to help them make Boards a more fun place to hang out then I'm happy to oblige without so much as thinking about getting anything back.
    We used to do this with the ads but people complained about the ads etc and we didnt like them anyway.

But if someone wants to start a Boards rockband I think its a fnckin great idea and I'll do what I please with my site to helpo them along with it.

*HOW* the **** you equate that with spam I dont know, I can only guess you arent very bright.

Good day to you.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

If someone who has been a productive member of the community comes to me and asks me to do something to help them make Boards a more fun place to hang out then I'm happy to oblige without so much as thinking about getting anything back

Cool Tom. So, I can finally get that BOndage Big Girls with Donkeys Forum? You said to make the place more fun!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

I think my announcement of the availability of the open letter on the euro was a lot more relevant to the readers of these boards than a call for band members. Yet I got beat up about that by a number of moderators and others. So I think Xian is right here.

Re: the euro campaign, I will be posting more on the Business/Boards in a while, and I wish to bring this posting to the attention of the readers of six other boards, where there has been interest in the matter. Is there a way of doing this without getting screamed at?

Advertisement