Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW or Smackdown?

Options
  • 28-04-2002 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

Which one do you think has been the better one so far? Which one do you think will be better in the future? Why? Personally I prefer RAW. I'm not too sure why. It just seems a more exciting show. Of course it could be just that Smackdown is on at 11 in the morning and most times I'm not totally awake yet.

RAW or Smackdown?? 7 votes

RAW
    0% 0 votes
    Smackdown
    42% 3 votes
    I don\'t like either
    42% 3 votes
    Both are equally great shows
    14% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Rob Van Dam, Brock Lesnar, Hardyz, StoneCold, Bubba Ray, Raven its not hard to be the best program with talent like that.The only thing Smackdown! has going for it really is the Cruisweight Division

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

RAW baby!
    RAW is now definitley the best show but Smackdown is still very good most of the time. With RVD, Hardy Boys, Brock Lesnar, Stonecold and Bubba Ray on RAW it wins hands down but on the other hand Smackdown has Triple H, Tajiri, Kurt Angle, Edge & Christian who still put on a good show. For me RAW has the better wrestling wheras Smackdown offers more comical entertainment value. Personally I want this draft to end, I dont like knowing that every saturday im never gonna see Hardy boys RVD etc and that on Friday im never gonna see Tajiri, Kurt Angle etc. Smackdown was always my favouite show but not any more, the draft has taken away some of the element of surprise from both shows however i do have this warm feeling that the draft wont last all that much longer, maybe another month or two.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Smackdown is on 4 times on a saturday, 11am Sky One, 10pm Sky Sports, midnight on sky one and any time between 2am and 4am on Sky Sports so theres ample opportunity for us all to catch Smackdown on a Saturday.

I still think Angle should have been put in RAW,

bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

As a long time fan I have to say this, neither Raw or Smackdown are any good at the moment. Sure both have great talent on either show, but that doesnt make the whole f'n show.

My main gripe with either show are the scripts and current storylines - complete rubbish and toss. The WWF has been on a downward spiral for a long time, I think it all came to a head that instead of building on Jericho/HHH at Wrestlemania, it boiled down to Steph vs HHH and Jericho and hand lotion (dont get the wrong idea)

It pains me to see great wrestlers get bogged down into a terrible angle or feud.

But on the flip side from Backlash, RVD/Guerro, Kidman/Tajiri and Angle/Edge were THE best matches of the card - and as for the main event HHH/Hogan - what the hell are they thinking putting the damn belt on that old fart!

• Advertisement

They put it on Hogan for the simple reason that, Its Hulk Hogan, he may be old and way past it, but who can honestly say they dont look at hogan and remember being a little hulkamaniac, this is his last title run beofre he retires for good, let him have it, hes a legend. HHH will have that title back soon enough.
    One thing ive noticed in the last few years is the lack of storylines, yeah theres the odd fued but no actual storylines, last half decent one was the DDP Stalker one, until they had that match, "Shudder"

Bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

ah man dont class everyone as a hulkamaniac, i know i wasnt. in fact who do you think always supported the Sarge as he smacked Hogan around!!! me!!! hell i flipped when 'Taker beat Hogan, which was fine with me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

i definetly think the split has helped wrestling as a whole because the matches arent repeated every weekend and it means the wrestlers are wrestling as much so less injury means better condition for big events.

true RAW has Stonecold(biggest draw??????????) and several titles but Angle should really have been drafted onto RAW because in some short time Benoit will return and it the same class as Angle...

Smackdown has Rock(for how long though..), TripleH although he has been put on the card for Insurrextion that is meant to be only the RAW roster, Edge, Christian, DDP, Billy & Chuck(not to big but title holders) and Booker T who is slowly starting to slip into the same sad category as Big Show was before his nWo story-line... Booker T was class in the fued with Austin but WWF failed to pick up on this and have slowly let him fall into the realms of hardcore mathches and meaningless tag matches that are made to fill in time...

and McMahon being the perv that he is has taken Stacy into this crappy PA gag but has also increased the amount of quality flaunting shots of Stacy's attributes.

oh yeah and Buh-Bah Ray dancing what were they thinking splitting up the second best tag-team in the history of WWF (first being New Age Outlaws)

'nough said.. damn i love wrestling forums and finally a forum has come to boards.ie

Ayatollah

Advertisement