Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So you think you know Boards.ie?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Awwww..This is all lovely and wubbbely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

where for arth thow on log god damit?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

its attached here...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

(17;00) (dev) low maintenance, high volume

and hasn't been any work since it's foundation ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

i feel cheated like there was loads cut out. not fair i tell you. but good read 1 thing though we want a baby discussions board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Kraken
    i feel cheated like there was loads cut out. not fair i tell you. but good read 1 thing though we want a baby discussions board.

See here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49939

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

That log is almost untouched. You can tell by the times on the left, there are no big jumps.

As for Vex's habits heres another log from IRC recently... :)

<DeVore> vexorg, if there was one piece of furniture you could lick to your hearts content in the office, what would it be?
    [13:38] <MindPhuck> well, do u consider regi as furniture and would vex .... lick him?
    [13:38] <Vexorg> your sweet sweet leather chair baby!
    [13:39] <regi> ?
    [13:39] <DeVore> see, I knew it :)
    [13:39] <Vexorg> ive licked regi... i perfer the chairs
    [13:39] <MindPhuck> heh
    [13:39] <Vexorg> less stubble on the chair!

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

"I found out that he was Ali-G" what do you mean? was he also posting as "Ali-G" or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Heh, the Ali G windup was so complex that Bubbles actually got someone else to post stuff as Ali G while he was in the pub with us all one Friday night. Sneaky git :)

Eric - the reason those two things look similar (and christ Cloud, where did you dig that from? That's bloody ancient, did you have to translate it from hieroglyphics first!?) is because I think that post of yours is what Eddie sent me to work from in the first place - if not then it was something very like it.
    Sandra O'Casey, ex-commercial director of Spin Solutions current director of Boards.ie and indeed, my sister who finds the whole thing weird but amusing.

Which bit of it does she find weird but amusing - boards, spinsol or being your sister? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

aha,

Yeah Rob, I vaguely remember giving Eddie that alright. Tnx

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by DeVore
    6. Who was behind the *unofficial* CS Irish Team?

HAhah, seems everyone blames Zero, actually it was a scarily funny wind up by RevHellfire, Castor, Butcher of Nog and the HIV boys, replete with a crappy synthesiser version of the Irish national anthem and an animated waving flag, they announced that they fake named players were going to become the Irish team as they were LEET, much to the outcries of the CSer's.

ah fs, that was TFC :)

Good ol Coupon, Yeast, Dictator? and co :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Originally posted by Shinji
    Heh, the Ali G windup was so complex that Bubbles actually got someone else to post stuff as Ali G while he was in the pub with us all one Friday night. Sneaky git :)

<cough> hahaha ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13261

I'd love you to pubish the real story now Dev. I would.

What you waiting for? :)

Dont tempt me bubbles :) We both know it wasnt a pretty one...

Anyway, I thought the whole thing was a scream, I was freakin certain it was you alright but then the pissup/blade thing threw me a bit. I figured it out actually, I mean if it *was* you and you couldnt have done it, then it had to be you're associate Blade :)

Gave me and Slosh a good old laugh though.
    (and dont think I dont still have the logs, I even have Daaa's written "apology" to the Quake community :) )

Twas funny tho!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by bubbles
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13261

I'd love you to pubish the real story now Dev. I would.

What you waiting for? :)

Here i was thinking im was the only one stiring it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

1) Yore Ma
    2) Yore Ma
    3) Yore Ma
    4) Yore Ma
    5) Yore Ma
    6) Yore Ma
    7) Yore Ma
    8) Yore Ma
    9) Yore Ma
    10) Yore Ma

Am i right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

I'll post the logs up later dev.... we'll see how long they stay up without being deleted ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

(16;57) (dev) have an idea
    (16;57) (dev) might be a runner

(17;06) (dev) welll the games boards are small potatoes compared to the volume you could be talking with general population

(17;07) (dev) yeah I think it could be one of those sites
    (17;07) (dev) if it took off...

And thus, the prophet had spoken.

Weird looking back on that log, cloud and I were looking at something like 5000 impressions a month and thinking "wow, this could get as big as 50,000 a month or maybe even 100,000!!"

Its weird also, given that that log seems to make us out as visionaries, the way the whole thing has changed and evolved in way we NEVER foresaw, things happened that was breath taking to the team here. pretty scary too, when you think you are in charge of something and it dawns on you that you are just along for the ride. We we realised that, things started to change around boards.ie. We put a lot of mods in place and primed the site for what *might* happen rather then what we *planned* to happen.
    Once you do that you see the sorts of things that can evolve (the drinks night and related madness, the band etc...)
    It's really true that if you try and control things they just wither and fade, god only knows where we're going next with Boards.ie but the ride has been fun so far!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

god only knows where we're going next with Boards.ie but the ride has been fun so far!

and let us hope that the ride remains free....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

god only knows where we're going next with Boards.ie

There was me thinking you might have lost your appetite for it after seeing the monster you'd spawned in McTurcaills last week.... ;)

Kaimera, the ride doesnt work if its not free but we've a few ideas on sustainability in the works.

MT: Check yer mail , we'll be organising it from july probably :)

Shinji: That was cool, seeing loads of people having a riot because of some tiny decision you made years before has to be one of the most fun things :)

DeV.

Advertisement