Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mice or maybe mouses

• 27-05-2001 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

i need a new mouse and am considering the options. Maybe one of the ones that are in DNC, the optical ones with the extra side buttons. Or what about a regular ball mouse. Should i splash out on the boomslang 2000. Also, is it worth the money and does it have those 2 buttons on the sides?
    need to know, help would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

what you need is a cordless optical mouse, pretty damn nice, due to hit uk stores this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I have an MS Intellipoint Optical USB and am perfectly happy with it. It has two main buttons and wheel of course, and also has the two side buttons.

You sometimes hear that optical mice aren't as good for gaming, however I find mine does very well, and you don't need to clean half a ton of gunk out of it every week. Extra buttons are handy for weapon switching aliases and the likes in Quake etc.

It was fifty quid when I got it and that was eight months ago, probably well under forty by now. They can be got anywhere in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I have a boomslang 2000, it takes a bit of getting used to for quake, because of its shape. It is very accurate, and because its so sensitive, you don't have to move the mouse very much on the mat. It has 2 buttons on the side, which I find are quite easy to hit by mistake. Unless you have £90 to spend on a mouse though, it's not really worth it.
    I haven't used the optical mice, but they seem to be getting good reports. For ordinary ball mice, I'd go for a logitech wingman, I would have bought one, but they only seem to be available in a right handed version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gerry:
    but they only seem to be available in a right handed version.</font>

i hate mice that are sorta moulded for right handers. the only lefty mouse i can find here costs over £100.

can ya get them in dublin, and if so how much are they??

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"Eleven plus two = Twelve plus one"</font>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

where can the boonslang be bought from in ireland, or is it just available in the uk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I don't think you can get it in Ireland, I got mine from www.gameplay.co.uk. I actually got a boomslang 1000, but it was so crap that I complained to razer until they sent me out a new one, which luckily was a boomslang 2000.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've got the same one as Castor Troy (I'm pretty sure they're the same as DNC have) and it's well good. Comfy for long-term use and the Forward and Back buttons are dead handy.

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    We were all set for a game of Ice Hockey when Frank Williams says "Sorry lads, I've forgotten my skates!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Boomslangs may be tough to get hold of now, I'm not sure what exactly the status of Razer is but I'm fairly sure their manufacturing has stopped.

Logitech optical mice are generally better than MS opticals - they're of sturdier build and have better tracking systems, so are more accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I think the Microsoft Intellimouse Optical my favourite one. It's right or left handed, accurate and has one extra button either side for that quick weapon change. We mainly use the Intellimouse Explorer which I also like. I have heard good things about the Logitech Optical mice but haven't really tried them. http://www.microsoft.com/mouse/mouse.htm

www.doesnotcompute.ie
    www.gamire.com
    www.clandnc.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

i think that i will be using the intellimouse optical. there is no ****ing way that i am paying 112 quid for a the razor

• Advertisement
Advertisement