Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 2000 Server - HELP!

• 01-06-2001 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

Umm, i think i'll just post the problem and let you poll me for information (assuming someon'e kind enough to help) but BASICALLY no matter who i'm logged in as i can only view the Properties for the My Documents Folder. No other folders' properties will load at all, simply nothing happens when i click properties... help?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

So even logged is as Admin you get this?
    try a reinstall on top again and if dat dont work try clean install.

Britany Spears Looking incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Yup, pretty much.
    Logged in as Administrator, or my own account (admin group).
    I'llt ry a repair install tomorrow, but like i only did a clean install yesterday and spent all day setting it up!
    I'll dig around in local Security Policy for a while first, I was jsut hoping someone'd found something similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

What did you change? What did you install recently?

Have you checked your Event viewer to see what failed to load? Have you checked Users+groups to ensure you haven't removed access rights?

Although you can see Properties but nothing appears could be a different problem.

The policy editor is actually well hidden in W2K so you would certainly know if you were messing with it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hobbes:
    What did you change? What did you install recently?

Have you checked your Event viewer to see what failed to load? Have you checked Users+groups to ensure you haven't removed access rights?

Although you can see Properties but nothing appears could be a different problem.

The policy editor is actually well hidden in W2K so you would certainly know if you were messing with it.

</font>

Well it's Advance Server, so many more options, i didn't touch the Administrators Group or Accounts, and i checked poledit already, Local Security Policy is a veritable maze, but seems ok.
    I don#t think its anything to do with somthing not loading as at least ONE folders' properties aren't loading.

sorry, but i'm totally new to WIN2K,..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Hit F8 after the bios/hardware detection and boot it in its original configuration and see does that work.

Britany Spears Looking incredible

• Advertisement

I'll try that tonight just before i go to bed, i'll post the result tomorrow.
    thanks, by the way

Thanks guys, it's all working ok now, still don't know what went wrong though...

Advertisement