Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xp scanner prob

Options
  • 29-04-2002 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

since installing xp my scanner has died
    it's a maxi a4 parrallel. i've tried new drivers with no joy, the os just doesn't recognise it's existence. i was going to use the generic scanner driver but xp only lists xerox scanners? is this meant to be so?

i solved my xp audio catalyst dilemna btw, by getting sonic foundry siren, which is deadly. plays all windows media, burns cd's and encodes mp3's. at *unbelievable* speed. i ripped a 2 minute track from cd to 160 kbps in 36 seconds. mental.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

had similar probelm with a Agfa parallel scanner. There are no XP drivers for it only 2K. I am using it on a 2K PC but there is a reg hack that supposedly allows it to work on XP. Are your drivers specfically for XP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

nah, there are no xp drivers for it. the most recent drivers i can find are about 2 years old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Haven't plugged my scanner back in since I installed XP - have you tried going back to 2k or NT drivers, they will work in some respects (I had to do it for certain h/w on XP betas) - give it a go, nothing to loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

As far as i know, XP doesn't have drivers or support for parrallel scanners. Well not for mine anyway. I suggest use USB in XP. XP Thinks scanners that still use Parrallel are too old for it :D .

Another sollution: Change the Parrallel Port settings in your bios to EPP/ECC as you may have the wrong mode for the port and xp then wouldn't be able to detect it.

Advertisement