Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uk Govt Outlines Greater Spend on Broadband

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Mnemoniac

And what relevance does this have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

I think this is relevant!
    I would argue most users of this board are angry at the Irish governments total lack of effort in local loop unbundling etc. This has only intensified with the SNL fiasco. It is interesting to show that our neighbouring government is willing to do more than our own government.
    In fact people from this board have contacted the Register before about SNL and it is an excellent source of info on how ISP's etc. can act (one example of this was when a UK ISP pulled a SNL style user cull: this story was posted to ie.comp and someone responded with 'how long before Esat do this?')

Also the guys at Ireland Offline might be interested to read this and use it as a reference / arguement to illustrate the complacency.
    I really dont understand people like you, if you dont think its relevant move on, does it really necessitate a post?

Gun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gunn4r:
    This has only intensified with the SNL fiasco.</font>

it was not a fiasco, it had to be done.
    Why would Esat keep "customers", we were costing them money.
    They made a big fuking mistake blameing the users when the real villan is Eircon.
    Any why would Eircon even unbundle, it makes no sense.they can make money without any1 making a call on their network ever again.
    Eircon will have to be forced to unbundle and thats up to companies like Esat putting pressure on the government to unbundle.
    ps..
    And Esat booting its customers has really but emphasis on the situation in ireland so it has done alot of good.
    smile.gif

Britany Spears Looking incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chernobyl:
    it was not a fiasco, it had to be done...

And Esat booting its customers has really but emphasis on the situation in ireland so it has done alot of good.
    smile.gif

</font>

Well i'm inclined to agree with you in principle there, but i don't think i'll be so agreeable when the First Phone Bill A.SNL arrives...

Advertisement